• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Air supplies/accessories

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I bought a small air pump to run one rack of tanks until I have a chance to build more racks and install a full air system in the room. I have some miscellaneous supplies, but I'm planning to run 12 tanks, so I'm sure I'll need some additional materials. Looking for any of the following:

Airline tubing
Gang valves or flow control valves
Airstones
Box filters or sponge filters
Check valves

I thought I'd see if anyone has some extra supplies before ordering bulk supplies online. If you're looking for anything in trade, let me know, or PM/post what you have with an asking price.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I have a 5 outlet gang valve and a 4 outlet gang valve you can have
The 4 outlet one hasnt yet been taken out of the package

Becca

Members
This might sound crazy - but try the plumbing section in Lowe's or Home Depot. I'm about to head there today or tomorrow for some more airline tubing (aka, refrigerator water line tubing).

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Big fish auctions often have such equipment. PVAS will have one in OCtober.

If you get in on a group buy for Kens or JEMCO or ?? you can save shipping costs.

Vendors at fish conferences often have such equipment.

Stith Aquatics has some good prices, but they moved to KY. Still might be here occasionally.

If you want brass air valves, which last forever, you can get them from Aquatic Eco-Systems. They have the type you can screw into a PVC pipe, of course, you have to drill a whole first, but that is the way to make a great air manifold. A linear air pump provides tons of air and produces almost no noise.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have a 5 outlet gang valve and a 4 outlet gang valve you can have
The 4 outlet one hasnt yet been taken out of the package

Awesome, appreciate it. I'll be at the picnic on Saturday.

This might sound crazy - but try the plumbing section in Lowe's or Home Depot. I'm about to head there today or tomorrow for some more airline tubing (aka, refrigerator water line tubing).

Thanks, I'll check there, I'm there often enough for home improvement stuff.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Big fish auctions often have such equipment. PVAS will have one in OCtober.

If you get in on a group buy for Kens or JEMCO or ?? you can save shipping costs.

Vendors at fish conferences often have such equipment.

Stith Aquatics has some good prices, but they moved to KY. Still might be here occasionally.

If you want brass air valves, which last forever, you can get them from Aquatic Eco-Systems. They have the type you can screw into a PVC pipe, of course, you have to drill a whole first, but that is the way to make a great air manifold. A linear air pump provides tons of air and produces almost no noise.
I plan to try and acquire what I can from auctions, just wanted to see if anything was available at the moment. Is the auction going to be the one at CatCon? I plan to attend. When I need other stuff I'll buy in bulk or split an order with someone, I'm sure I'll need to at some point. I got a small pump for one rack, so I'm not going to build a PVC system yet, but when I get a bigger pump, I'll plan to do that and use the brass valves.

Raven20

Members

It's not crazy, that's where I get my tubing from..it's like $3 for 20ft..

Leffler817

CCA Members
(b)Lowes sells airline tubing for cheap but I forget exactly how much per foot. They usually have random amounts people cut off and either returned or just didn't buy marked down for a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app