• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS/FT: male 9" kigoma 7 stripe frontosa

frkyltn

Members
Ok so the little kid in the candy store didnt listen to his parents and got a 9" kigoma 7 stripe for his 75g. Will trade for 2 male aulonocar peacocks between 3.5"-4.5" (no OBs or something that I already have) or m/f (either or not a pair)6 stripe frontosa between 3.5"-4.5" or cash. Make an offer. PM please. Thank you.

Elvin

20140828_231935.jpg

20140827_210647.jpg

Last edited:

frkyltn

Members
Make sure you call ahead

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

yeah I have 3 places I'm going to call, Ive taken fish to Creatures and Critters in Woodbridge near me before, but it's been a loong time..I'll call first..beautiful fish..just don't have the space..was going to just keep a few peacocks with him but now I want more..was going to upgrade to a 125g that's why I got him in the first place but I moved and don't have the space so I just upgraded to a better 75g. Would rather he go to someone here. oh well

Acpape0

Members
I always hated taking fish to lfs, I have done it about 6 times. Do not be insulted by what they offer they buy fish from supplier for 1/3 of what they sell them for and you would have to be cheaper than that. I wish I could take him but I only have a 55 g cube for Africans anymore

frkyltn

Members
I always hated taking fish to lfs, I have done it about 6 times. Do not be insulted by what they offer they buy fish from supplier for 1/3 of what they sell them for and you would have to be cheaper than that. I wish I could take him but I only have a 55 g cube for Africans anymore

Yea Know! I took a frontosa to Prestine Aquarium once big and beautiful and all he was trying to give me was a $5 bag of food..i know ill have to chalk it up as a loss

frkyltn

Members
The thing that got to me was that i went in the following week to see if it was still there just checking, he wasnt but the tag said "large frontosa $150"..and i know thats what somebody paid because that guy did not like to lower prices on anything!! Maybe thats why he went out business.

Last edited:

Cbaker

Members
Your welcome! Wife was like where in the world are you going with that big fish. lol He will have the 72 all by himself. Nice fellow though. I had to change plans with what I was going to use the 72 for.. but its all good. I hope you like that 4" front...

frkyltn

Members
Your welcome! Wife was like where in the world are you going with that big fish. lol He will have the 72 all by himself. Nice fellow though. I had to change plans with what I was going to use the 72 for.. but its all good. I hope you like that 4" front...

yes I do..glad it worked out for both of us, sorry you had to change plans with the 72, see you later ..

Cbaker

Members
its all good. later! I might add my other two 5" males with him. Not sure yet. Any advise from anyone if that's a good idea. So that would be 9" and two 5" males in a 72 bowfront.

frkyltn

Members
its all good. later! I might add my other two 5" males with him. Not sure yet. Any advise from anyone if that's a good idea. So that would be 9" and two 5" males in a 72 bowfront.

He was fine in the 75 until I started adding all those fast swimmers but try asking in the old world section

neut

Members
Probably not in that size tank. For a few reasons. They won't (or shouldn't, given good conditions) stay 5 inches very long, meaning they'll outgrow the tank. Not easy to get 3 fronts of size to work in a 4 ft tank. It's possible, but you'd have a better shot with a male and a couple of females, but even then it's going to depend a lot on the temperament of the male. Fronts in a tank act like a colony with an 'alpha' (usually male) leader or boss that may or may not be aggressive toward other males and may or may not be hard on females.

Like I say, possible, but not great odds, might also be war. Are you sure they're all male? Have you vented them?