• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Phase 2 of the fishroom redo

msjinkzd

invert junkie
My husband is a super trooper. He has spent the last few weeks with the precious few hours he has off of work redoing my electrical panel, putting in new boxes (I have my very own panel for hte fishroom now), running the pvc for the air for my linear pump, and finalizing the plumbing on the 220g. He deserves a medal or something. Anyway, here are some pics of the progress. He put in PVC around the entire perimeter of the fishroom which I will tap and run airline to each individual tank. No more scads of filters, clusters of wires, extension cords, etc. The 220g is also totally ready to go with the inline heater and both filters installed. All I need to do now is add fish.

Next up is building the 18' 3 tiered racks to transfer all the tanks and then actually dropping down the airlines to the existing sponge filters that are currently running off about a dozen smaller airpumps.

I cannot wait for this to be done as i am going to have one efficient fishroom!

Jumbie

Members
Wow Rachel your fish room is looking bad A**!!!! Its putting my fish room to shame lol, what do you plan on putting in the 220g? BTW I wish I had my on electrical box for my fish room! Jealous lol

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Wow! Props to you guys. All the infrastructure (air and electricity) may be a pain to install now, but totally worth it in the long run.

Lookin' great! Keep posting progress shots. :happy0144:

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Looks amazing Rachel!!! After meeting and talking to your hubby at the picnic at Julies, I can say with confidence that he is one cool dude!!! You definitely have yourself one great hubby.

Being that I was a welder for a little over 12 yrs I really love the stands he made, adding the diamond plate was genius as diamond plate is definitely one of the sexiest things known to the human race. Now that I'm an electrician, I can truly appreciate the sub panel he installed for you in the fish room which was also genius. I ran a dedicated circuit for lighting in my fishroom that is controlled by a commercial grade timer that is hard wired into the circuit. Any lights plugged into the recep's that are on that circuit will all come on and go off without me doing anything. Just another idea to throw at ya, that is if he hasn't already set you up like that.

Congrats on an awesome fishroom Rachel!!! And kudo's to the man with the plan ;)

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Looks amazing Rachel!!! After meeting and talking to your hubby at the picnic at Julies, I can say with confidence that he is one cool dude!!! You definitely have yourself one great hubby.

Being that I was a welder for a little over 12 yrs I really love the stands he made, adding the diamond plate was genius as diamond plate is definitely one of the sexiest things known to the human race. Now that I'm an electrician, I can truly appreciate the sub panel he installed for you in the fish room which was also genius. I ran a dedicated circuit for lighting in my fishroom that is controlled by a commercial grade timer that is hard wired into the circuit. Any lights plugged into the recep's that are on that circuit will all come on and go off without me doing anything. Just another idea to throw at ya, that is if he hasn't already set you up like that.

Congrats on an awesome fishroom Rachel!!! And kudo's to the man with the plan ;)

The timer for all my lights is absolutely in teh plan. We have not decided if we will do a set timer or just put their circuit on its own switch would be at the top of our basement stairs (behidn the door!) so that I can turn them on or off as my schedule dictates as I often get up very early to bag fish, etc for shipping. We may do both, I am not certain yet :)

I am so tickled with all the work he has done. Its rare that a non-fishkeeping spouse shows the fraction of support that I receive!

Today I am going to work on tapping the pvc line to install all the valves for the airlines.