• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hungry Catfish Question

boobaloos

Members
i'm new to this. i've got a 75g tank with 5 cichlids and 1 synodontis multipunctata catfish. he looks awesome but spends most of his time hiding in caves and rocks. i have never seen him swim in the open. as such, i have not seen him feed, so i was told to drop shrimp pellets in because he needs something 'meaty', but my greedy cichlids get to it before he does. What do these catfish eat if the other fish are eating their shrimp pellets? Is there something I can do to guarantee that he gets food?

Feed him about an hour after you turn the lights out. Try to get the pellets as close to him as possible if you know what cave he is in.

toddnbecka

Members
Multi's are social fish, really better kept in a group rather than as a single fish. More likely to compete successfully for food that way too.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
i'm new to this. i've got a 75g tank with 5 cichlids and 1 synodontis multipunctata catfish. he looks awesome but spends most of his time hiding in caves and rocks. i have never seen him swim in the open. as such, i have not seen him feed, so i was told to drop shrimp pellets in because he needs something 'meaty', but my greedy cichlids get to it before he does. What do these catfish eat if the other fish are eating their shrimp pellets? Is there something I can do to guarantee that he gets food?
GO TO YA BUTCHER AND ASK FOR A BEEF HEART. HAVE HIM SLICE IT ABOUT 1/4" SLICES FOR YA. TAKE IT HOME AND THEN SLICE INTO 1/4" CUBES AND PLACE IN SANDWICH BAGS FOR LATER FEEDING AND FREEZE. MAKE SURE TO TRIM AWAY ANY FAT. ;)

COST MAYBE 6.00
PREP 20 MINS TOPS
FISH SATISFACTION 100%