• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Is it time to put your fish out?

skanda

Members
Is it time to bring your hobby outdoors? Do people typically wait till Memorial day to put their fish outdoors in patio tubs and ponds?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I have already put daphnia out doors in small ponds. THey have been out 10 days now and are doing great.

I do not put fish out until the water temperature reaches 70 F. Then I put out red velvet swords, some very large plecos, some spotted bullheads, angelfish and or firemouths. All of these can handle a dip back into say 65 if it is slow and does not last long. I already have out black banded sunfish, and koi and goldfish which all overwintered in the ponds. I had gymngeophagus balzanii out last year and they did great.
Just plan on bringing them all back in in October when the temperature again gets down to 70. Maybe before if the temp get low before October. Who knows with the weather.