• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Malaysian Trumpet Snails - free

thedavidzoo

Members
Figured I'd give it a shot!

Anyone need MTS for their tank? Puffer fish food? Loach food? Turtle food?

Can bring to October meeting.

thedavidzoo

Members
I'd prefer not to have to mail them especially since some folks locally are interested in a bunch, but I could probably figure it out if you are desperate for some MTS...

Haven't counted them obviously, but there seem to be a ton.

Hawkman2000

Members
Thanks again for the MTS. Know how long they will last against a yoyo. Guess we'll see. Maybe you will become my yoyo loach food supplier.

Jay

CCA Members
Snails

I could use some snails to feed to my Psamochromis Riponisus in hopes to get them to breed. I was recently told these fish require snails in their diet to breed. I have tried a number of other things with them and so far no luck.

Jay[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Hawkman2000

Members
I wouldn't mind getting some more either. I haven't seen any sign of the first batch since I put them in that tank.

AARRGHH. These things are like freaking bed bugs. I hate them and have a thousand. Those of you who want them --what is eating them? If someone gives me an idea of how to easily snag them, I'll bring a boat load to the next meeting . . .

mchambers

Former CCA member
Assassin snails will wipe them out, but it takes time.

I find it easy to capture a bunch early in the morning, when they climb up the sides and come to the surface of the substrate.

Hawkman2000

Members
I think my Yoyo Loach wipe them out before they could even start settling in. Chain Loaches would do the same. I think someone here on CCA or PVAS had some Chains for sale recently.

thedavidzoo

Members
I still have a million in my tanks, even after sifting out all the bigger ones. However, I'll have to wait until they grow enough to be easily collectible for your loaches, etc. Otherwise I'd gladly bring free bags of them to the meeting.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
AARRGHH. These things are like freaking bed bugs. I hate them and have a thousand. Those of you who want them --what is eating them? If someone gives me an idea of how to easily snag them, I'll bring a boat load to the next meeting . . .
I use the Rachel Jinx collection method. Cut the top off of a small soda bottle. turn it upside down and place the top in the bottle add a few pellets of food and place on its side and you'll have snails in the morning.

i1l8x5.jpg

11w7fyb.jpg

Jay

CCA Members
Snails Wanted

I could use some of these snails to feed to a group of rare Victorian Cichlids. Can you bring any to the October Meeting?

Jay

Thai

Members
Still some available? I could use some in my 180 to soft through the sand, I'm local and can pickup!
Thanks

mchambers

Former CCA member
Method

I use the Rachel Jinx collection method. Cut the top off of a small soda bottle. turn it upside down and place the top in the bottle add a few pellets of food and place on its side and you'll have snails in the morning.

i1l8x5.jpg

11w7fyb.jpg
I tried this method, this morning. Came home to find some snails and the bottle and . . . [wait for it]
Two fat corydoras melantoenia also trapped in the bottle! Stupid corydoras. They were none the worse for it, luckily. I'm trying it again tonight.