• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Protomelas spilonotus - Video

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I took this video a couple of weeks ago and finally got a chance to post it up.

It is my group of Protomelas spilonotus - Mara Rocks/"Sulfur Head." There is one male and five females, all around 7" or so. I got them from Mike Oshea last fall at about 1", grew them out in a 20, then the 180 (when the other fish in there were also relatively small).

I moved them out of the 180 in late summer to the 75 with some other random haps and then to the fish room in their own tank in November (one of the 50 longs/short 75) to see if I could get some fry.

A couple of the females have been holding a couple of times, but no fry yet. They share the tank with my breeding group of Benga peacocks with no friction between the two groups.

After I get a couple of successful spawns, I plan on moving them back over to the 180 or 150 to let them cruise a bit more.

The male appears a bit yellow under the single tube Home Depot shop bulbs, but shows really nice orange underneath better spectrum lighting.

Thanks for looking. :cool:

[YT]Wt0WGWIQDGE[/YT]