• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Psuedocrenilabrus nicholsi - need female

lonlangione

Members
Well my male nicholsi decided that he needed to kill his breeding female. Anyone keeping this animal? Do you have any to part with. I'll take young ones as well.

Thank you, Lonny

Cichlidiot

Members
I wish I did have some. Actually I've been looking around for a group of these. You just can't find them around anymore.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I don't have any nicholsi but I have Pseudrocrenilabrus philander disperus, which is a bit smaller and yellow...

Lot's of extra boys and girls if anyone's interested...

DCP_4625.jpg

DCP_4622.jpg

lonlangione

Members
Matt,

I have a pair of these. Mine came from Eric Bodrock in Pittsburgh. This fish has been imported as PS. philander dispursus but it has been identified by Anton Lamboj as Ps. multicolor victoriae. A few months ago Andrew at Scales had a whole tank of these. I PMed him and they are gone. Eric will be at the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County in May. I'll see if he has any Ps. nicholsi and let you know. Of course he will be at CCA in June.

Lonny

Julie

Members
I also have a solo male from a breeding group! Lonny, I started out with 4-5 females and the one male... so don't feel bad about losing one female. This guy was amazing, I always had at least 3 females holding at the same time. Sadly he finally got around to picking off the females one by one...
luckily I kept the last group of juvies for growout... waiting to make another breeding colony.

buntbarsch

Members
Well Lonny, if you are willing to come to Toronto I can give you what you desire :D

Male P. nicholsi

Nicholsi-27.jpg

Female with fry (sorry, not the best picture)

Nicholsi-31-1.jpg

Hi all of you,

here is Heiko Bleher and I was the one who discovered and introduced P. nicholsi (no one ever went back to collect the in that remote are of former Zaire) and if you give them enough space, fine white sand, lots of driftwood and some stones and plants in the back - places for the females to escape - you should have not such problems, as some of you had.

Also P. p. dispersus came from me, as no one ever exported them. So all of these are offspring from my colelcting, which maybe some of you want to know...

Anyhow For Toronto: I will give lectures (and decorate some biotope aquariums) in London Ontario, no so far from you, in May 15-17th for CAOAC, have a look :
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=4&Itemid=42
hope to see you there,

all the very best

always

Heiko Bleher
www.aquapress-bleher.com
www.aquapress-bleher.com

lonlangione

Members
Hello Heiko,

Are there any plans in the future to go back and collect anymore
Psuedocrenilabrus species? When are you coming to the US?
Also, I got my female and she is doing great. Just putting a little size on her before I put her in the tank with the male. I really wanted three females, but they only had the one. I am also in the market for some female PS. multicolor. Bought a group of 6 young and I have 5 males and 1 female.

Lonny