• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ACA 2015 - Springfield, MA - 7/30 - 8/2/15

dogofwar

CCA Members
How cool is it that the New England Cichlid Association already has the site and speakers lined up for the ACA convention that they're hosting next summer?

http://www.acaconvention2015.com/about.html

Get it on your calendar now. I have a feeling that there will be a contingent of CCA folks headed up for this!

Matt

Just notice in the ACA show classes to include Ornamental Cichlid of Discus, Angels, Old World and New World. Does it mean that ACA is now relaxing the rule on restricting hybrid and man made fish?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Fancy fish - whether line bred or hybrid... or who knows - have been a part of the ACA and its shows since... pretty much the beginning of the ACA (check out the early BB's).

Only difference is that they now have classes of their own (vs. being mixed in with wild-type classes).

Matt

Just notice in the ACA show classes to include Ornamental Cichlid of Discus, Angels, Old World and New World. Does it mean that ACA is now relaxing the rule on restricting hybrid and man made fish?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm definitely going, as are Maria and Margaret. :)

(It's 30 minutes from her parents' house)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Who's never been to an ACA Convention (or only to the one that we hosted in 2011)?

A lot of fun if for no other reason than getting to hear some great talks!

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Tracey and I are registered.
We have not been to that part of the country so looking forward to it.
Convention #37. LOL

Aquanero

Members
Very disappointed I can't make it this year. It should be a great time the ACA and NECA members worked hard on getting some great speakers. I did donate to the general speaker fund, so I'll be there in spirit at least.