• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New fish room

lkelly

Members
You can always go vertical with tanks. From pictures I recall seeing, Christine can help you reach for the stars.

As for carpeting, think how many houses you have been in with carpeting in the kitchen or bathroom. You'll either proactively rip up the carpet now when it's easy, or have to rip it up later when there is water damage and a room full of really heavy tanks filled with hundreds of gallons of water. Hard to envision an alternate outcome.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have my 'show tanks' in the finished area of the basement, and everything else in the fishroom, which was a 4th bedroom for us too. It allowed me to have the number of tanks I wanted, without having to cram everything into a small room. I just use HOBs and canister filters on the big tanks in the finished area, and air driven filters in the fishroom. My python can reach the big tanks from the fishroom, I just have to be more careful during water changes.

spazmattik

Members
I have my 'show tanks' in the finished area of the basement, and everything else in the fishroom, which was a 4th bedroom for us too. It allowed me to have the number of tanks I wanted, without having to cram everything into a small room. I just use HOBs and canister filters on the big tanks in the finished area, and air driven filters in the fishroom. My python can reach the big tanks from the fishroom, I just have to be more careful during water changes.
i think this might be what i am going to do.. a show tank on the main level and maybe one in the large area of the basement.