• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tomorrow's Auction

Jefft

Members
I have asked this before but I need a little clarification. Previously I asked of the size fish need to be to be placed in the auction, the answer I received was 1 inch. Now at the ECC auction they had the same general guideline UNLESS fish were to be sold as fry. Under that circumstance it was suggested fry be sold in groups no less than 6 and labelled as fry. Is 1 inch the absolute for our CCA auctions or do we have the "FRY" exception as well?

JLW

CCA Members
I don't know if there is an official CCA ruling on it. However, I have seen bags of "fry" occasionally offered for sale, and I will say this.... More often than not, there is at least one dead fish in that bag, the rest are struggling, and -- having bought one bag of small fry (for a dollar) in the hopes of reviving them, I can tell you that they don't always make it home.

These very immature fish do not handle changes in water, being moved, being packed, etc., -- i.e., stress -- at all well. In my opinion, wait until they get a little more size on them and then sell them.

Like I said, I don't know what the official ruling is, that's just my two cents. :)

Jefft

Members
The fry I am thinking of bringing are all mature enough to make that trip1/2 to 1 inch. Took several batches to the ECC auction which is 3 hours from where I live, plus 3 hours sitting waiting for the auction and then however long it took new purchasers to get them home all made it fine.