• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Corydoras collecting trip - July 1-14

mab

Members
Anyone interested in collecting corydoras (+apistos, L numbers, etc,) with Ian Fuller and I in July? We plan to explore some previously unexploited areas. We will go to the locale where C. weitzmani are located. This is not a boat based trip and may require some lengthy treks with overnight camping or stays in small villages.

This is an invitation to join Ian and I for a collecting trip based out of Puerto Maldonado, Peru. We have one collector coming from Norway--so this will be a small group collecting trip.

Depart Dulles on 29 June and return on 15 July. Airfare to Lima is $793 R/T and Lima to Pto Maldonado is $77.50 each way. Cost for the two weeks is $2,599. There is an overnight each way in Lima. I'm staying at a reasonable priced B&B 10 minutes from the airport.

I'm willing to assist with helping get you ready and packed. Plus, arrangements are in hand for shipping fish pack. Obviously this is an additional cost.

PM me if interested.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sounds awesome!

How are you going to transport the fish (without a boat)?

In my experience, Cory cats are some of the easiest to maintain during the trip (a group in a Gatorade bottle...just change the water daily).

Matt