• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What do I feed baby Ancistris sp pupcallpa

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I finally gave my Pucallpa I got from MAB years ago a cave good enough for spawning. What do I feed the babies? I have golden pearls and hikari fry food. I don't know if those are the right products.

chriscoli

Administrator
I also put some aged/used driftwood in with the babies, I've had better survival if I do that. I think it allows them to graze on the microbial funk that lives on the wood during the day between feedings. Even if they're in a breeder box, I put a little sprig of manzanita in with them.

mab

Members
Prince,

Congrats. In addition to the above suggestions, I like to throw a few oak leaves in the tank. As the leaves decompose the fry have lots to eat.

Michael

Forester

Members
I keep them in the parent tank which is full of Malaysian driftwood and java fern. And I feed them algae wafers and cucumbers.

Becca

Members
Spectrum makes a water-stable sinking wafer/pellet that can sit in the tank up to 24 hours. It isn't specifically for herbivores, but I've used it as a fry food for dwarf cichlids and baby plecos.

Rachel coats driftwood with Repashy - I haven't tried that method yet, but it looks like something a pleco would think is yummy.

Spectrum makes a water-stable sinking wafer/pellet that can sit in the tank up to 24 hours. It isn't specifically for herbivores, but I've used it as a fry food for dwarf cichlids and baby plecos.

Rachel coats driftwood with Repashy - I haven't tried that method yet, but it looks like something a pleco would think is yummy.

Do you know what repashy product she coats the wood in? Is it a liquid? paste?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

toddnbecka

Members
Repashy is a gel food. I feed all my pleco fry NLS Grow pellets, Ken's veggie flake, and occasionally french cut canned green beans.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
If anyone is wondering. I am having great success with Repashey Soilent green. I have only lost one so far. That loss occurred the day after I moved them to the marina breeder box. By the way we should have another group buy on those. They work great.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app