• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Corydoras - C123 and CW010 - Who has and is breeding

mab

Members
I would like to keep track of those who are keeping Corydoras C123 and CW010. If you could so kindly let me know if you have any of these and have successfully bred them and continue to do so, I'd greatly appreciate your input as to from whom you acquired these and when if you remember. I'm in the process of starting a blog and would like to keep track of the gene pool and arrange periodic swaps so we don't get too much in the way of inbreeding.

I brought these back from the Amazon and know they've been distributed locally.

C123 - I brought back from the Rio Nanay in August of 2011. I've seen this labeled as the yellow fin cory. It is a member of the elegans group. I know Matt C. is keeping these. He posted a breeding report on Planet Catfish.

CW010 - I brought back from my 2006 collecting. These are labeled as the gold stripe cory. They were acquired in a trade for D-cell batteries with a native collector down stream from Iquitos on the main channel of the Amazon. These are a member of Corydoras aeneus group. I bred and widely distributed these to include Rachel selling via Msjinkzd. I know Matt C. is keeping these. He posted a breeding report on Planet Catfish.

Last edited:

ddavila06

Members
hey Mike, is the cw10 cory the ones i got from you a while back? the ones i told you about yesterday???
i have two cw123s i got from Jeff G. a while back. unknown sex..

mab

Members
hey Mike, is the cw10 cory the ones i got from you a while back? the ones i told you about yesterday???
i have two cw123s i got from Jeff G. a while back. unknown sex..

Yes those are the one's I gave you. If I recall correctly yours have laid eggs and you are hoping with some recent re-locations you might get some fry. Correct?

Regarding the C123s. Jeff did have some of those too.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I have a group of 6 gold (or orange) laser corys (CW010) that I got from the speaker (Arthur Keller aka: "Red Kahuna" ) on Corydoras at the April 2013 CCA meeting. They are a year older almost and have yet to spawn.

mab

Members
Regarding CW versus C numbers for corydoras. My understanding of why two numbering systems.

We have two competing numbering systems for corys.

Ian Fuller uses the CW numbers standing for Corydoras World.

Hans-Georg Evers implemented the C-code system in DATZ to create a similar system to the DATZ L numbers.

Whomever first describes a cory pending scientific taxonomy descriptions assigns a number the next numbers based on their system. I'll see both Ian and Hans later this week. So I'll try to ascertain the level of collaboration between the two of them.

mab

Members
I have a group of 6 gold (or orange) laser corys (CW010) that I got from the speaker (Arthur Keller aka: "Red Kahuna" ) on Corydoras at the April 2013 CCA meeting. They are a year older almost and have yet to spawn.

Frank do you by chance to know where his CW010s came from? Would be good to know for genetic diversity purposes.

mchambers

Former CCA member
As you wrote, Michael, I've got both C123 and CW010, the originals of which I got from you several years back. I haven't had any successful spawns in a while, unfortunately.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
So I wrote an email to Arthur and asked where he got them. I will let you all know when I hear back.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
After posting the initial post I remembered; however, it was too late to edit again. Have you had any success in breeding them?

Spawn, yes. Raise fry, no. Too many other occupants in that particular tank, including my overwintering melon barbs. Once I get my room organized, I can/will segregate them. I anticipate some success then.

Blaise