• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Catfish, catfish everywhere!

Becca

Members
I've been pulling what I believe are Aspidoras spilotus eggs off of the filter output on my 55 every day this week (small chance their C. elegans, but I think those guys are a little young yet).

Last night I also got a sizable spawn out of a small group of Venezuelan cories we got from Batfish a while back.

Fingers crossed that we get some siblings and cousins for the 5 A. spilotus fry I've got swimming around my breeder box.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Good going. When it rains, it pours.

Elegans eggs are very small and not as adhesive as the aspidoras eggs. My C. venezuelanus (also from Josh) haven't spawned yet, though they look like they might want to.

Blaise

Becca

Members
Good going. When it rains, it pours.

Elegans eggs are very small and not as adhesive as the aspidoras eggs. My C. venezuelanus (also from Josh) haven't spawned yet, though they look like they might want to.

Blaise

Good to know. Then they are Aspidoras eggs.

chriscoli

Administrator
Congrats! My last batch of cory eggs seems to have escaped their breeder basket and I'm hoping that they're hanging out in some safe nook or cranny somewhere. Unlikely...but I'm hoping.

Becca

Members
Congrats! My last batch of cory eggs seems to have escaped their breeder basket and I'm hoping that they're hanging out in some safe nook or cranny somewhere. Unlikely...but I'm hoping.

I set them up in a separate 40 breeder and put the adults back in the 150 when I saw eggs. Of course, now I'm out of tanks to quarantine fish in... OOPS.

When the Aspidoras eggs went in the breeder box, I cut up my only pair of nylons (fancy Calvin Klein ones) to stop them from going over the edge of the outflow. I'm just glad I finally noticed the little gate in the package - I hadn't seen it before and I've lost fry out of the box before. Best use of nylons EVER. Hate those things.

Honestly, the brand of nylons made all the difference. I'll bring you a slice of them at AM2, if you want. They're a nice tight weave and don't run easily. I've yet to find them clogged either, so no spills (yet).