• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Shipment from Rapps!

Forester

Members
Hey everyone,

After hours of headache from FedEx I finally got my fish! They are all from Jeff Rapps at TUIC:

6- L134 Leapord Frog pleco
6- L128 Blue Phantom pleco

They are getting a 75g to themselves for now but both groups are breeding size so they'll get their own tanks after winter break.

I'll get pics up tomorrow when they feel more comfortabke.

Lucas

Forester

Members
Thanks! I know they're hard to spawn, but I'm going to try to imitate they're habitat and feed lots of good food. Hopefully it'll works

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

decoy50

Members
I got an order from him yesterday too thorichtys maculipinnis & cryptoheros sajica for me. I was close to pulling the trigger on some blue phantoms though!

Forester

Members
Nice! It was really hard to choose cause his list is so great.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Just watch the L-128s, they can be jerks to other plecos and each other... REAL JERKS.

I know its terrible, but I always thought that watching plecos fight was comical. Literally looks like two guys fighting with their hands tied behind their backs...

But, they can do damage to one another.

Becca

Members
I know its terrible, but I always thought that watching plecos fight was comical. Literally looks like two guys fighting with their hands tied behind their backs...

But, they can do damage to one another.

I agree, it's almost cute, but they really can do damage. We had that problem with L183s, actually, as they matured. I'm beginning to think that the fish that made it past baby-hood, but not into actual sexual maturity (we started with 9 and have 4 now) were a result of males fighting for top spot as they matured.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have an L-29 and an unidentified 6" pleco that Mike Barber or George Richter brought back from Peru that are not fans of one another in my 180. About once a month they both decide they want to hide under the same piece of driftwood and they go at it for a bit.

lkelly

Members
I always wanted to know how exactly plecos do damage to each other. Do they use their mouths/teeth? Do they use scales? Do they act like teenage girls and just tease each other until one develops an eating disorder?

Forester

Members
Thanks for the heads up. I have a huge "retired" male super red who started to get pissed off at the L128's who were sitting outside his cave. I'll keep an eye out.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I always wanted to know how exactly plecos do damage to each other. Do they use their mouths/teeth? Do they use scales? Do they act like teenage girls and just tease each other until one develops an eating disorder?

Mine will use their pectoral fins to scrape/stab at one another. Usually only results in some torn fins and scratches on the body.