• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

More L183s?!?

Becca

Members
Our pair in the paludarium has spawned AGAIN! The first group is about 1" and doing well. I'm not even sure where to put these ones if/when they hatch.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Seriously!

I've got Guianacaras and Emperor tetras growing out, too.

FishEggs

I have some spare room in a 40g breeder you can put them in. I'll even feed them for you since it's such a long drive. :))

Becca

Members
Fine you win.....this time...

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hahahaha!

I actually have a 10 and a 20 sitting unused, but I'm out of space on the rack and in no shape to start keeping fish on the floor again.

I have 3 red whiptails in a standard 20 that I can relocate, the question, of course, is where can I put them that they won't make meals of other fish's eggs.

I could also move my emperor tetras to the 33 where the first brood is growing out (alongside 13 Guianacara fry).

Forester

Members
I sure I could find a space for those whip tails :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Waited too long to pull these, they're swimming around the 110.

Becca

Members
Congrats! What size are you waiting for the L183s to get to before selling?

Given that they can be a little fragile, I'm holding them until they hit about 2" and will put some effort into transitioning them to full tap first (right now they are a mix of tap and rain). I'll auction some for BAP points and the rest will likely go to a small local retailer who will then sell them. I like doing my part to keep our small-locals in business and competitive.

They love banana leaves and steamed broccoli and also snack on raw green/yellow squash and cucumber. I prepped some of my seed pods and such from Tannin Aquatics last night and they also seem quite happy to graze off of those.

Becca

Members
Oh ok, good luck!

Thanks. I'm sure the small local retailer will price them fairly and make some available to the club.

Unlike most of the fish I breed, people might actually want these, and I am not easily available to make sales because I work full-time, volunteer with dog rescues, and am a parent. I'm also not comfortable shipping live fish to members who are not close by. Doing it this way will actually probably make it easier for club members to pick up a few, rather than harder.