• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Large Tank Filter

1badmarine

Hey check your local PetCo. They are discontinuing the sale of Cascade canister filters and they are deeply discounted. I just paid $22 for a Cascade 700. Small filter but works great on my 29 paired with a Marineland emperor 400. I over filtrate on all my tanks. 2 Emperor 400's and a Rena XP4 on the 125, 2 FX5's on the 180, Fluval 404, 405 and Emperor 400 on a 90, Fluval 305 & 304 on a 55, AC110 and AC50 on a 40b

AquaStudent

Members
I'll check out Petco to see what's there.

My goals right now are to find a decent sized canister (Fluval 406 or similar) and pair that with whatever sump I can make. That way I can get the best of both worlds. There's a local sale on CL that has a tank and a Fluval406 that I'm hoping they will split.

They're asking $300 though for a 60g hex + Fluval 406. We shall see...

Hey check your local PetCo. They are discontinuing the sale of Cascade canister filters and they are deeply discounted. I just paid $22 for a Cascade 700. Small filter but works great on my 29 paired with a Marineland emperor 400. I over filtrate on all my tanks. 2 Emperor 400's and a Rena XP4 on the 125, 2 FX5's on the 180, Fluval 404, 405 and Emperor 400 on a 90, Fluval 305 & 304 on a 55, AC110 and AC50 on a 40b

I checked a couple around my area this week and struck out.

Matt

uploadfromtaptalk1400295578636.jpg

AquaStudent

Members
I just had a thought I want to run by y'all. Two of the biggest advantages of a sump is increased water volume and larger media capacity right?

What if I just got a large plastic tub (one of the sturdier kinds...) and a smaller plastic box/container. The smaller one will sit inside towards one side. The line from the tank to the sump will go into the smaller box which will house the mechanical filtration. The bottom of that box will let the water flow into the large container. Then I'd have an air pump run fluidized bed with K3 Media and then pump the water back into the tank.

It'd be easy to store heaters and a small pump could also run an internal trickle or wet/dry area. The trick would be to prevent dead spots.

It wouldn't be the most efficient way but it's easy build.

I think I'd rather build a partitioned one with a 30L but it would be a simple build.

fish

Banned
The trick is to run a sump alongside a fx6. At least from what i have heard.
My 240 has a 50 gallon sump and my fx6 will be coming in 7-10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app