• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Geophagus Pellegrini

rich_one

Members
Rapps is selling these... couldn't help myself. Anyone else in the club have these? Care to share any pics and info? Thanks!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Yeah... I thought so. I found out they are not always available. See them on Jeff's list, I decided to jump on it and try them, after seeing the Google pics.

-Rich

AquaStudent

Members
When you get them in be sure to post pics!

The google pics look great. There's quite a bit of color in them! Nice hump on some of them too.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
From what I've read, they are similar to red hump geos (commonly mislabeled as pellegrini).

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yep. Most often when you find them in stores they are really G. steindachneri. Real Pellegrini are rare.

I used to keep a group of G. steindachneri years ago. Very colorful and interesting fish.

dogofwar

CCA Members
For the first time in awhile there are some real deal G. pellegrini around). I saw some at Wet Spot in Portland a few weeks ago - very nice!

I've never kept them but I'd say to care for them like G. steindachneri. As they're wild, I'd give them some extra space and assume that the males are a touch nastier than Red Humps (get extra females if possible).

Matt