• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Loaches with terror?

Aqua410

Members
Do any of you guys have experience keeping loaches with a green terror? I'm looking at some of the smaller species like yoyo loaches to help clean up food scraps. Just don't want them to get eaten but they may be fast enough or not even trigger aggression as I've heard a lot of times bottom feeders aren't targeted as bad as other cichlids.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think it is a crap shoot with GTs. I've kept a few over the years. Some were fine with tank mates (as long as they weren't other GTs), some were aggressive towards everything. I think you'd be okay with larger loaches, but would be wary about small ones.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thats true, GTs are really hit or miss. I had a pair and the male litterally bit off the females tail. If you can find a nice one and like taking risks, go for it

Aqua410

Members
I'll hold off on the loaches for now. My clean up crew will consist of my gravel vac and a net for the time being. If the lady lets me get a large tank in the next few months I'll add some clown loaches or something to a more peaceful SA community with places for the loaches to get out of the way.