• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone else's fish enjoying the Spring?

Charlutz

Members
Most of my fish didn't breed over the winter. Now that the weather has turned, I've got compressiceps, buescheri, julie, cyp and paracyp fry. My featherfins are going into their mating dances and the activity in my adolescent kilesa and speckleback cyps has picked up a lot. Nothing like a good weather change to shock the fish. :wub:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I had spilirus, lifalli and rainbow cichlids all spawn during the same week. Unfortunately I lost all of their fry when I attempted to place dividers in the tanks. Hopefully they will spawn again soon.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I've had a couple of Apisto spawns but can't say as its the weather or something else. Given the preponderance of prolific activity in your tanks however, seems like yours are definitely in sync with the seasonal change. Nicely done.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I have tons of Julie and leleupi fry in one tank and I just fry in another tank but I'm not sure what which fish spawned, Xmas fulu or brevis kitumba???

mchambers

Former CCA member
I found a Bolivian ram guarding some eggs on a rock last night and also found a few panda Cory eggs in another tank, for the first time in a while. So something is going on. Maybe it's because of spring.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
MY JAGS ARE GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS TOO...ID EXPECT EGGS WITHIN THE WEEK. MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE WATER...HMMM (*note to self DONT DRINK THE WATER!*):D

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Amen...

MY JAGS ARE GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS TOO...ID EXPECT EGGS WITHIN THE WEEK. MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE WATER...HMMM (*note to self DONT DRINK THE WATER!*):D

...WC Fields would agree. (Google his name + water + fish if you don't know what I'm talking about).:D

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
My fish are definitely in the mood... My ornatipinnis, multies, n. brevis kavala, platys, mollies, and swords all have fry. The livebearers have been barren since last fall and now all of them are pregnant. My pelvicachromis pulcher (kribensis) are acting amorous with each other as well.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Do you think that my fish in my cave of a fish room downstairs realize that the weather is turning? The temp, humidity and light durations are fairly constant down there. Are the barometric pressure changes enough to set them off?

Jumbie

Members
Tony if your fish haven't notice as of yet they should within the next few weeks. I am really surprised you don't have any spawning action yet because every time I have been to your house there was always a few fish holding or digging "LOVE HUTS" in the sand. While the weather is getting warmer try doing a cold water change before it rain, it seems to have worked for me.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Tony if your fish haven't notice as of yet they should within the next few weeks. I am really surprised you don't have any spawning action yet because every time I have been to your house there was always a few fish holding or digging "LOVE HUTS" in the sand. While the weather is getting warmer try doing a cold water change before it rain, it seems to have worked for me.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

10-4. I'll give them the cool water treatment. Remember, I mostly keep the "colorful, but easy and stupid" fish, so there's generally at least one holding female in every tank.

There's a few oddball species though that have a pretty good setup/space that haven't bred yet. I always hold my breath walking into the room looking for a first spawn. Hopefully, the warmer weather will give them that final push.

Thanks Josh. :)

verbal

CCA Members
I have a peacock that looks like it is holding. I stripped a few baby labeotropheus.

I think a lot of my fish aren't quite big enough to breed yet.

longstocking

Members
I have a few holding as well... Cyprichromis cobalt blue... which have bred before but this time she looks like she will hold :) But, I think that has more to do with redoing their tank.

Feather Fins
Tropheus
Longola Petros :)

I'm sure I'm not thinking of a few others...