• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Can I put a fish up for temporary adoption?

So ive got this big nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus that is terrorizing members of my tank and at 7-8" he looks to have outgrown my tank. I have isolated him in a seperate tank and things have calmed down quite dramatically and im very pleased.

The problem is, now ive got an 8" fusco in a 20 gallon tank and nowhere to put him. Reluctantly, I was about to sell him, but since i love this fish so much i thought of an idea. Can i give my fusco to a willing CCA member temporarily until i get a tank large enough to house him? The temporary adoption time would be indefinite but would likely last a while, sometime in 2013 or possibly later since ill be going off to college in the Fall.

My only request would be to take good care of him until my return, and to not tear up when i ask for him back.

WOuld this be a reasonable idea?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
You could indeed

Just need to find some sucker, er, samaritan willing to indulge you. Shouldn't be too hard.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think a better idea would be to give him to someone who is prepared to give him a good home (or better yet breed him).

All sorts of things happen to fish over years...even fish that are well-cared for: they jump out, get into fights and die for seemingly no reason.

Matt

does anyone know of any members who breed nimbo fusco's i could get into contact with?

Ill probably post something in the marketplace too

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I think Cartel was the last person that had them. Beg Tony he may take the fish off your hands.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Im sorry Sam

Are you kidding! I'm looking at 150+ free-swimming fry from your avatar & friend and if I wasn't leaving for India in 24 hours I'd be even more stoked. Good parents they are, maybe too much so as the male keeps stressing himself out trying to "rescue" wayward fry from the bottom of the tank. Sure hope some of them manage to survive my absence.

So tell me: do you want me to send them west with the CCA entourage heading for ACA?

Hawk: A little late for relocation at his point but appreciate the thought.