• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My fish hate Repashy!

Greengirl

Members
What do I do now? I tried cubing it, slivering it to look like worms. My breeding pairs hate it and wont eat it. Now what?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've found the bigger the fish, the less they like repashy. The fry and juvies I feed it to tear it up and look like little balloons when they are done. Big fish tend to chew it up and spit it out. I'd say about 3" is as big a fish I'd feed with it. You are better off with a good pellet for bigger fish.

Granted I am feeding all larger growing Central Americans. Those who are feeding algae grazers may have a different opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
I have the super food for breeding, so I tried feeding it to my breeding angels. They did spit it out, the little angels go for it though. I was under the impression that this was fish food crack and they would go crazy for it. Oh well. Now I have all this cooked repashy ready for eating and no takers. Anyone in bethesda wanna grab some before I let it go to waste?

verbal

CCA Members
I have the super food for breeding, so I tried feeding it to my breeding angels. They did spit it out, the little angels go for it though. I was under the impression that this was fish food crack and they would go crazy for it. Oh well. Now I have all this cooked repashy ready for eating and no takers. Anyone in bethesda wanna grab some before I let it go to waste?

Freeze it and feed it to your young angels and future fry.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I haven't had much luck with the Spawn n Grow, either. Some fish love the Repashy and others do not, but I haven't been able to figure out a pattern. I agree with Verbal's advice on freezing it.

Greengirl

Members
I haven't had much luck with the Spawn n Grow, either. Some fish love the Repashy and others do not, but I haven't been able to figure out a pattern. I agree with Verbal's advice on freezing it.

I will freeze it. Good thing I only used half the recipe. It still looks like a lot. I wonder if juvies raised on repashy will like it for life.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
LOL
My fish are spoiled.
I have been feeding mostly one type of food forever. They changed the formula recently and the fish would spit it out. 1 month later they no longer spit it out.
The same thing with the Repashy. I made some a couple of months back. I put it into the tanks, they bit it, spit it back out and let it go to the bottom. 2 hours later it was all gone.
Now if I put some in, they ignore it and dance around the front of the tank. As soon as I leave the room they eat it.
Like a little kid, they want cake but settle for the meat when they figure our its whats for dinner. LOL

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
LOL
My fish are spoiled.
I have been feeding mostly one type of food forever. They changed the formula recently and the fish would spit it out. 1 month later they no longer spit it out.
The same thing with the Repashy. I made some a couple of months back. I put it into the tanks, they bit it, spit it back out and let it go to the bottom. 2 hours later it was all gone.
Now if I put some in, they ignore it and dance around the front of the tank. As soon as I leave the room they eat it.
Like a little kid, they want cake but settle for the meat when they figure our its whats for dinner. LOL

LOL Pat.

Yup. Eventually, they'll get hungry...

chriscoli

Administrator
Good point. I guess I wait to see if it's still in the tank the next morning (I feed in the evenings).

I've tried all of the repashy formulas that I can....I don't give Spawn and Grow to too many of my fish, so I'm not sure how they all react, but I don't find too many that refuse it.

Community Plus was a no-go in nearly all of my tanks. In fact, just to get rid of the rest of the bag that I bought, I mixed it in with the other varieties a little at a time.

My Mbuna won't turn anything down (I don't give them the meaty ones, just the green ones.....usually Soilent Green).

Some of my Ancistrus will gladly eat the green ones, others will only eat Meat Pie or Shrimp Soufflé.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Probably not in this lifetime

Never comes the day when I start cooking for fish, but you all knock yourselves out. :D

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I used to go to the local market and buy beef hearts. Trim the fat off, grind, add other stuff,
grind twice, vacuum package and freeze.

Boiling the water was easy. LOL

Plenipotentiary-at-large
No telling what else is in there.

In my book (and I realize this does not apply to everyone) boiling water does not count as "cooking". :)

So how do you prepare oatmeal, grits, pasta, hot dogs and soup to name a few? Oh that's right, Bruce takes care of that...:D

Technically if you make it by burning carbon it's cooking - as in "preparing food by heating it" or so sayeth Webster, et al., not to say it's haute cuisine.

chriscoli

Administrator
So how do you prepare oatmeal, grits, pasta, hot dogs and soup to name a few? Oh that's right, Bruce takes care of that...:D

Technically if you make it by burning carbon it's cooking - as in "preparing food by heating it" or so sayeth Webster, et al., not to say it's haute cuisine. .

:) ok, to clarify....if I can make it...it's not cooking. :)