• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who can guess where I went today?!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres

Josh, you guys are driving right past Chicago in 2 weeks.

Maybe we should stop an see it in person on the way up to ACA.

^^^^ This.

I think we should time our departure to arrive in Chicago when the aquarium opens. hmmmmm......

Dang! Just looked it up on Mapquest... only about 2 hours from Chicago to Milwaukee!!!

Sold.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Back at the first couple of post,
funny.jpg

Lol, harsh, but it had to be done. :wub::lol::rolleyes:

LOL
Thats just too funny.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
^^^^ This.

I think we should time our departure to arrive in Chicago when the aquarium opens. hmmmmm......

Dang! Just looked it up on Mapquest... only about 2 hours from Chicago to Milwaukee!!!

Sold.

Looks to me like you guys need to add a day to the trip.
The aquarium is right down town next to the Lake.

Tony

Looks to me like you guys need to add a day to the trip.
The aquarium is right down town next to the Lake.

I think the current plan is to leave Wednesday night late, drive through the night and get to Milwaukee mid-day.

The Shed opens at 8:00. If we leave a bit earlier, shoot for 9 AM so so in Chicago, we can still hit up 3-4 hours at the Shed and get to Milwaukee around 3-4 PM or so on Thursday.

Ad is giving a speech on "What's new in East Africa" at 6:00 though.... really want to catch that one.

I'm thinking we can do the Shed in 3-4 hours (on a weekday)?

EDIT: Oops... went away from the computer for a minute and missed your post, Phil. Seems like it will totally work. :D

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I miss trips like that.
Used to load up the customized van and take off. Get tired and switch drivers for a couple hours and kick back in one of the captains chairs. LOL
Never really got much sleep because I like being in control. LOL
Did one trip with the kids in 1994. 5300 miles in 12 days. Plus we stayed in Aspen 2 1/2 days and Mount Rushmore 2 days. So actually the 5300 was in less time. LOL
Saw everything at 70mph. LOL

Tony

I miss trips like that.
Used to load up the customized van and take off. Get tired and switch drivers for a couple hours and kick back in one of the captains chairs. LOL
Never really got much sleep because I like being in control. LOL
Did one trip with the kids in 1994. 5300 miles in 12 days. Plus we stayed in Aspen 2 1/2 days and Mount Rushmore 2 days. So actually the 5300 was in less time. LOL
Saw everything at 70mph. LOL

That sounds like an awesome road trip. Always wanted to go up to the NW and check out the parks. I think driving through is the only way to really do it.

...especially in a sweet van like Kurt posted up. ;)