• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

iPhone app? What would you want in such a thing?

mchambers

Former CCA member
If you could have an aquarium app that ran on your phone, what features would you want?

Andrewtfw and chriscoli suggested to me that it could alert you as to upcoming drops in barometric pressure.

What features would you want?

maintenance schedule, warranty record file (like to take pics of receipts incase a heater fails)? maby notifications of power outages in your area, most usefull would be a wikipedia style species profile section for stuff like size compatability recomended tank size blah blah.

dhavalsp

Members
Date the each filter media was changed.
Date lights were changed...
too optimistic, take a picture and know the light output
primary disease symptom registry - complete a symptom form and it coughs out probable diagnosis(likely treatment) - this would require some solid comprehensive research and database....and a disclaimer
'What can I add' tab - select your temperature, water parameters, tank inhabitant and it suggest list of plants or tank mates which can be added...

Leffler817

CCA Members
All of the above, plus links to vendor's websites with a highlight on sales, new shipments, imports, etc.

chriscoli

Administrator
I've been looking for a very flexible app that would allow me to track each tank and list inhabitants (fish/plants), water test parameters, and maintenance. I'd like to be able to graph water parameters or temp over time and I'd like a calendar reminder for recurring maintenance tasks.

Maybe a separate project would be a simple one to allow BAP participants to track their successes and pre-populate the BAP form while keeping a point tally.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Oh yeah, and it has a calendar that syncs up every cichlid club's event across the country. You could create crazy fish club road trips and such.

Forester

Members
Oh yeah, and it has a calendar that syncs up every cichlid club's event across the country. You could create crazy fish club road trips and such.

With mapping software and direct access to hotel booking

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

verbal

CCA Members
Maybe a separate project would be a simple one to allow BAP participants to track their successes and pre-populate the BAP form while keeping a point tally.

It would be really cool to have a mobile equivalent of MGA for BAP programs. One club in the midwest does have a BAP article generator online.

Becca

Members
I would never remember to actually update the information in it, so odds are, while all of these features sound great, they'd be completely wasted on me :p!

NateKonkel

Honestly I would like an application that would allow you to buy/sell/trade fish. There is nothing like that on the phone that I have seen (I check all the time!). Something better looking than aquabid but with similar functionality.