• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

April Meeting Of The Cca

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The next meeting of the CCA will be on April 14th at 2pm

The featured speaker this month will be Ted Judy. We are flying him in from Wisconson just to speak to you. Ted is a member of the Board of Directors for the American Cichlid Association. He also maintains two web sites : www.tedsfishroom.com (his personal site) and www.apistogramma.com. You can find a link for more information about Ted on the home page of our web site.
The topic will be West Africans.
He also has informed us that he may be bringing a few fish with him...

We will have the usuall mini auction and raffle along with refreshments.

So don't miss this months meeting.

Remember your Board of Directors is working hard trying to bring in big named speakers for your enjoyment, so please make the best of it.

maddog10

Members
I am really looking forward to this talk. It will be on fish that I have not seen before, probably means I am going to want to start keeping West Africans as well. I am going to have to "unfinish" my basement if this keeps up.

DeeCee

Members
Well, I'm looking forward to April's talk as well. It was great to see all of you again & and get to yap a bit. And I even got to bring home a few nice blue rams! I had to out-bid Ron on them though - grrr-- he needs to stick to bidding on daphnia methinks... :lol:

Hey -- this is great -- I figured out that Ted Judy lives really close to my Mom......... I may have to take an extra suitcase there on my next trip & raid his fishroom, eh? :p

DeeCee

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
april07flyer.gif

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

I made it to the March meeting, and had a great time! My dad and I are going to try to make it to the April meeting.

Also, we were thinking of maybe donating some fish for auction. What are the specifics of how this is done?

Thanks!
Amanda.

maddog10

Members
Hi!

I made it to the March meeting, and had a great time! My dad and I are going to try to make it to the April meeting.

Also, we were thinking of maybe donating some fish for auction. What are the specifics of how this is done?

Thanks!
Amanda.
[/b]

Amanda,

You just need to make sure that the fish are properly bagged (like you would get from a fish store) and not overcrowded. You have to fill out an auction form (very simple) basically your name and the name of the fish. If you are donating you just need to let John or myself know they are a donation (all proceeds go directly to the club). If you are auctioning the fish off for yourself, the club gets the first $1 (per item) and the rest goes to you at the end of the auction. Hope to see you at the next meeting.

cyradis4

Members
Hey!

I'm thinking of bringing some Angelfish to donate. However, I don't want to bring the fish if there isn't anyone interested in Angels. I've got mostly grown Silvers and Silver Ghosts who have lots of wild blood in them (and who are very agressive), I've also got nickle size Smokies and Chokolates in regular tail, Veil, and double dose veil, as well as Marble Pearlscales that are about quarter size, and Ghosts, Marbles, Golds, and some weirdones that are almost quarter size who are close to wild, their dad is an F2 of wilds I believe.

If you know anyone who might be interested in any of these, lemme know. And if you want some pics, I have those too.......

Thanks!
Amanda.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Ryan and Sam from Twofishguyz.com have asked me to post that they will be back to this months meeting.
Please check out their website and let them know if there is something you would like to purchase so that they can bring it with them. That way you can order fish and there is no shipping involved. Save a little dough.
For those who were not there last month, Ryan and Sam came to the meeting and made some friends by donating 3 bags of fish to the club. The have an internet fish business so check them out and let them know.

twofishguyz
Pat

Theresa_M

Members
I'm thinking of bringing some Angelfish to donate. However, I don't want to bring the fish if there isn't anyone interested in Angels. I've got mostly grown Silvers and Silver Ghosts who have lots of wild blood in them (and who are very agressive), I've also got nickle size Smokies and Chokolates in regular tail, Veil, and double dose veil, as well as Marble Pearlscales that are about quarter size, and Ghosts, Marbles, Golds, and some weirdones that are almost quarter size who are close to wild, their dad is an F2 of wilds I believe.

If you know anyone who might be interested in any of these, lemme know. And if you want some pics, I have those too.......

Thanks!
Amanda.
[/b]

PM'd you :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well the weekend is almost here....
Should be a good time

Hope to see everyone. Save room for the Wings.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well the weekend is almost here....
Should be a good time

Hope to see everyone. Save room for the Wings. :FIREdevil:

mscichlid

Founder
The meeting was very good. Ted's talk was very informative and I learned a few things about Pelvicachromis!

Ted and I got into a great conversation about the similarities between the dwarf pikes and pelvicachromis back at my house. He took a few pictures of my fish and we talked cameras, lenses and the like, of course.

Man what a day!

The fish donated by Mike and Pat are doing well this morning. I was so tired, but was able to set up a group of 15 gallons to house the fish. Hopefully, they stay good...

Mike, I need to know which fish are which. One bag of two, one bag of three and the bag with the group.

Talk to yall later....

Theresa_M

Members
We really enjoyed the meeting as well!

The fish we bought from TwoFishGuyz and Amanda are doing well, as are the auction rams Andy got. Emily was so excited about the najas grass she won in the auction. She has a planted 29g and the tank really needed some floating plants, not only for fry but for the looks of the tank due to the height.

The spouse was unhappy to hear that I stopped bidding on the P. taeniatus...and here I thought I was doing a good thing by not spending too much lol