• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Check out my buddies new fish sales site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoskiur

Members
Fellow fish-keeper peeps!!! Check out my buddy's new site for his fish business... Awesome site and good prices... Give him some business and spread the word!

Cichlid Sensations - African cichlids, buy live fish online, fish, fish food, sprilinia food, south.

[Link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

fischfan13

Banned
Looks like your buddy is using pictures of OTHER PEOPLE'S fish...

NOT COOL.

Your buddy should ask permission from each and every person that he took these pictures from AND give each and every person credit for borrowing their pictures.
He also took watermarks and names off of pictures...

Your buddies picture:
rusty_cichlid.jpg

Davesfish ACTUAL fish...
Iodotropheus%20sprengerae.JPG

That Rusty is from Nick Andreola, who supplies Davesfish.com with his Rusties!

That was one of just a horrible amount of pictures that I see are not your buddies fish.

dogofwar

CCA Members
He's got one of Spencer Jacks's pics of a Gymnogeo as well.

Is Conkel his source of Central Americans?

Matt

Troy

Members
MIDPHASE DMCA & Copyright Procedure

Hi All!

I just got off the phone with the hosting provider for this guys website.

For anyone who finds their images stolen by this guy you can send the example letter below to their hosting provider.

The hosting provider is:
midPhase Services (Hosting Services, Inc)
164 N. Gateway Drive
Providence, UT 84332
USA
1-866-MIDPHASE (Toll Free Phone)
+1-435-787-7101 (International)
24 Hours per Day - 365 Days/Year

Please read the following on the procedure to take down your copyrighted images.

NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
Midphase respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Midphase may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Midphase's Copyright Agent the following information:

1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
  2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
  3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
  4. your address, telephone number, and email address;
  5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
  6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Midphase's Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:

By mail:
c/o Hosting Services, Inc.
164 N. Gateway Drive
Providence, Utah 84332
By phone: 866-643-7427
By email: abuse@midphase.com

--------------------------------------------
Begin Take Down Notice Letter

Subject: Formal Notice of Copyright Infringement.

To whomsoever concerned,

As per the 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), This communication serves as a DMCA takedown notice.

This is to formally notify that I am the copyright owner of the content (specify text or image) at the location originally created by me: (specify the location of the original content)

I am requesting the removal of the infringements observed at the website (Specify the location of the copied duplicate content).

I hereby request you to immediately issue a content removal message or take action to remove the allegedly infringed content at the above specified location.

I have good faith that the use of the copyrighted material notified here as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. Kindly send me a response to this request and the action take at the earliest.

(Include your contact information and signature here)

Hope this helps some of you out.

Peace,
~Troy

fischfan13

Banned
I received a Private Message today from a good friend of ECC's. I am not sure if he wants to chime in but I am going to paste the letter that he sent out today:

I figured you knew a lot of the others who have images stolen and hosted there so this may help them out some.

-------------Begin post------------------
Hi All!

I just got off the phone with the hosting provider for this guys website.

For anyone who finds their images stolen by this guy you can send the example letter below to their hosting provider.

The hosting provider is:
midPhase Services (Hosting Services, Inc)
164 N. Gateway Drive
Providence, UT 84332
USA
1-866-MIDPHASE (Toll Free Phone)
+1-435-787-7101 (International)
24 Hours per Day - 365 Days/Year

Please read the following on the procedure to take down your copyrighted images.

NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
Midphase respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Midphase may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Midphase's Copyright Agent the following information:

1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
4. your address, telephone number, and email address;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.

Midphase's Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:

By mail:
c/o Hosting Services, Inc.
164 N. Gateway Drive
Providence, Utah 84332
By phone: 866-643-7427
By email: abuse@midphase.com

Subject: Formal Notice of Copyright Infringement.

To whomsoever concerned,

As per the 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), This communication serves as a DMCA takedown notice.

This is to formally notify that I am the copyright owner of the content (specify text or image) at the location originally created by me: (specify the location of the original content)

I am requesting the removal of the infringements observed at the website (Specify the location of the copied duplicate content).

I hereby request you to immediately issue a content removal message or take action to remove the allegedly infringed content at the above specified location.

I have good faith that the use of the copyrighted material notified here as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. Kindly send me a response to this request and the action take at the earliest.

(Include your contact information and signature here)

Hope this helps some of you out.

mscichlid

Founder
Thanks for the info. Let the folks whose photos that have been nabbed deal with this issue. It is a serious matter to be taken up with those involved.

If anyone wants to start a post in the Photography section concerning copyright infringements go ahead. This topic is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.