• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Centerpiece Fish Help

Davey_8313

Members
I have recently turned my 150 into a community pansy tank lol. With neons and different tetras. Are their any CA/SA fish that get pretty big that I could put in for a show fish? Even just one would be nice like a bocourti or something. Thanks.

MonteSS

Members
Maybe an Angel group with a group of smallish bottom cichlids like Bolivian Rams, dwarf Acaras and Apistos. Neither should be able to eat a Neon. A nice shoal of Cory cats too.

Cant think of any Large Cichlids that wont eat them.

...Bill

I would second the recommendation of Angels or Discus. I believe Damian (ddavila) has a grouo of Acaras for sale right now on here as well.

Davey_8313

Members
Maybe I'll move the tetras and stuff to another tank and do something. I actually did just buy a pair of Bolivian rams and German blue rams. My lfs actually has some Acarichthys Heckelii in right now too.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Uaru are gentle giants...and greatly prefer veggies to fish.

I kept a 10-11" one with a bunch of little fish (tetras, livebearers, etc.) and it didn't touch them.

Heckelii, angels and discus will eat neons or anything that they can fit into their mouths.

Matt

MonteSS

Members
Larger bodied Tetras are fine. Just the Neons would be snacks.

Some true Altum Angels would be awesome in that tank with Uaru.

...Bill

Davey_8313

Members
Neons are the only small ones I have. The rest are some giant danios that Im getting rid of probably, long finned red skirt tetras, buenos aires tetras, and some congo tetras. Was going to get some black neons but I guess not.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Buenos Aires tetras will eat angelfish trailers for lunch (breakfast and dinner)...but Congos (ironically) are perfect companions.

Matt

Neons are the only small ones I have. The rest are some giant danios that Im getting rid of probably, long finned red skirt tetras, buenos aires tetras, and some congo tetras. Was going to get some black neons but I guess not.

Davey_8313

Members
That sucks. I just bought a s from bunch of buenos aires from PetSmart on the $1 sale. Have to get rid of them and get some more congos. Are their different types of congos? I see yellow and blue ones on AB.