• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

125 Finally done, Video!! (from rock work post)

olzkool

Members
.....Ok so this is the 3rd attempt at this. The first time, the entire post was done except for embedding the video, and my wonderful daughter was nice enough to press the power button on the side of the laptop while trying to get my attention. I gave up and left to go to the store, aggravated and disgusted. When I came back there was my laptop sitting on the floor with juice spilled on it and 50% of the keys scattered on the floor. My wife was getting ready for a family get together this evening, and apparently thought Charlee was watching tv in the living room. After spending a solid hour reinstalling the keys that were not broken, I had a somewhat usable keyboard. So I retyped the whole post only for my palm to hit one of the used to be key buttons and deleting the whole post once again. SO here it goes again......

Here is my new 125 all male mbuna tank. The stock is comprised of all juvies, alot of them have not yet colored up. Many of you will recognize the tank from my previous post that I was asking for help and opinions. Its all done now. I decided to go with the tunnels and the fish love them. I have had only good luck with all male tanks but I am well aware that they are hit and miss, and when they miss they can be a death machine. Hopefully all goes well. I will keep you guys posted. I hope to ultimately have 25-30 mbuna in there. Please excuse the crappy iPhone vid. I tried taking pics with my wifes expensive camera and I suck.
Thanks again for all the advice and help. I was going to do pics but failed miserably at photography so I settled for a video. Well here you go. Let me know what you think

Tank:

Glass 125, substrate is white quartzite, 2 fx5's, 2 korelia 850's, 350 watt heater, granite, PVC tunnels

Stock: (all male)

Metriaclima sp. "Mbweca"
Tropheops sp. "Elongatus Boadzulu" Kanchedza island
Labidochromis sp. "hongi"
Pseudeotropheus sp. "Perspicax Orange cap" Ndumbi
Labidochromis chisumulae "clown" Chizumulu Island
Labidochromis chisumulae Pale yellow top
Metriaclima estherae "cherry red"
Metriaclima sp. "Lime Nkhomo" Mbenji
Pseudotropheus demasoni Pombo Rocks
Pseudotropheus sp. ''Elongatus Spot'' Hai Reef ''Jewel Spot''
Metriaclima sp. ''Elongatus Chewere'' Chewere
Metriaclima sp. ''Daktari'' Hai Reef
Cynotilapia sp. ''Hara'' Gallireya Reef
Labidochromis Perlmutt
Albino Scofoli
Cynotilapia sp "elongatus Taiwan" taiwan reef
Pseudotropheus sp. "polit" Lion's cove
Iodotropheus sprengerae ''Rusty''
Labidochromis caeruleus Lion's Cove ''Yellow Lab''
2 different BN plecos- Luecistic, and Marble

These are too small to sex so I have them in a growout tank until I can tell if they are males:

Pseudotropheus flaus Chinyankwazi
Cynotilapia sp. "lion" Lion's cove
Cynotilapia sp. "Lion" Sanga
1 Hara and 1 Jewel spot (will probably give these away since I already have one male of each)
What I still want:
Cynotalapia axelrodi nkhata bay
Metriaclima sp. "elongates chailosi" Chitande
Metriaclima sp "hojomaylandia Pombo" Pombo Rocks
Metriaclima sp. "zebra chilumba" Maison reef
Psuedotropheus sp. chilumba

If anyone know how to embed this on here please let me know

http://youtu.be/EQ19hrPWvTg

Last edited:

McGrubble

Members
The rock formation is stunning! I like that instead of caves, you created corridors for the fish. Very cool.

olzkool

Members
Thanks. This is a pretty old thread. The fish are twice as big now. Ill use the info to update with a new vid later