• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cutteri Cichlid Tank

Capsfan95

Members
Hello everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to have a 50 gallon stocked with:

Pair Cutteri Cichlids
15 Lemon Tetras or similar
Pair Bristlenose plecos
Maybe a few rainbowfish

I know of the cutteri's aggression as I have kept and bred them in the past. The tank would be heavily planted and will have plenty of caves/ hiding places. Would this work? Thank you.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've never had good luck keeping tetras with Central American cichlids long term. If and when the cutteri breed, the tetras aren't smart enough to stay away from the fry.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zackcrack00

Members
I would go with barbs instead of tetras, because they can definitely hold their own. Some African butterfly fish would be a good addition. The rainbows should be okay, but I'd watch that cutteri and Rainbow combo.

MonteSS

Members
Put a cave at each end and add two pairs (not neccesarily same fish).

Columbian or Buenos Aires Tetras are fine with them.

...Bill

rsretep

Members
I agree with the buenos aires tetras, I keep them with Nicaraguense and they are big enough to hold their own

Hawkman2000

Members
Tiger barbs are great. I've kept assorted tiger barbs with cons, cutteri, jewels, pearl scale earth eater, firemouth, with no problems. Adds more movement to the tank as well.