• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

some wtb, some fs, trades welcome.

i've been spending the summer upgrading my aquaria, and have come a long way. as it's winding down to the finish here are a few things i am still looking for; giving it another shot here before going scratching the rest off of my list via amazon.

filters wanted:
two marineland penguin bio-wheel 200.
four marineland penguin bio-wheel 100.
two aquaclear 30
two aquaclear 20

used is fine, but in working order and complete please. i'm looking for those brands/models specifically. also, amazon will deliver right to my door, so it needs to be worth my while to travel anywhere beyond arlington/fairfax/points in between. my vehicle is not the most fuel-efficient.

miscellany wanted:
some hardy floating plants
clear substrate stones, not colored
glass lid for 10g
one of the plastic strips that goes on a glass lid for a 10g
a couple of decent-sized smooth rocks
an "electric shock hazard" warning sticker
an aquarium-safe statue or bust
20"x12" mirror
20"x10" mirror
two 12"x10" mirrors
realistic-looking toy dinosaurs

i understand that a lot of that isn't aquarium stuff per se, but anyone who has seen my tanks knows they're sort of...atypical. :)

fish wanted:
one 2"+ fahaka puffer (tetraodon lineatus)
two 3.5"+ peacock bass (cichla spp.)
one 5"+ silver arowana (osteoglossum bicirrhosum)
two 3"+ red tail barracuda (acestrorhynchus falcatus)
two 3"+ vampire (payara) tetras (hydrolycus scomberoides)
one 3"+ silver datnoid (coius quadrifasciatus)
three four-eyed fish (anableps anableps), from freshwater. any size
one 10"+ goby (any of the more aggressive species)

pretty specific about sized (save for the anableps), but flexible within reason.

stuff for sale or trade:
$5, half-glass half-plastic lid for 29g. one hinge is broken but it opens and closes just fine. it has the snap-off plastic tabs in the back which are snapped off to accommodate two filters and a heater.
$20, aquaclear 100. cracked casing, no inlet pipes. motor runs well, and includes all media though the carbon bag has a small tear. i bought it refurbished but it was damaged in shipment.
$80, marineland 350 magnum canister. practically new, complete save for micron cartridge and original box. hoses are cut to 46" with the valves. has the media basket and diatomite powder (unopened). i bought it new, used it for a couple weeks and decided to go in a different direction.
$5, 48" single bulb t5 fluorescent fixture. doesn't work, maybe an easy fix, or maybe has salvageable parts for someone so inclined.
$10, deep blue 48" t5 bulb, 28w 10kk. used, but should still work...i have no means to test it, as the aforementioned fixture is broken.
$15, coralife colormax 48" t5, 120v 54w ho. brand new though not in the package.

all prices are "obo"...i mostly just want to get this stuff out of the way.

if you're looking to part with anything i'm looking for or want any of the stuff i'm looking to divest myself of, let me know!:)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have 2 AC 30s and I may have an AC20. I also have plastic strips that go on glass lids, and some larger/smooth rocks.

I don't get down to fairfax though. If you're able to make the CCA picnic in august I will be there. Otherwise we'd have to see if we can make an arrangement through someone to make the swap.

Last edited:
addendum:
got one penguin 100, and one aquaclear 20 (as per becca). also, i got my statue situation sorted out, and found a plastic lid-strip.

also, i took the motor from the aquaclear 100 (had bought one from someone a few weeks back and just found it to be inoperable) so that is marked down to $10 obo witha nonfunctioning motor...so basically for the media.

unfortunately i can never attend meetings or picnics; i work alternating weekends, and head to my place in pa the others. but if anyone local to fairfax is willing to grab some stuff for me i'd be happy to give you a couple bucks. :)

update:

filters wanted:
two marineland penguin bio-wheel 200.
three marineland penguin bio-wheel 100.
two aquaclear 30
one aquaclear 20

miscellany wanted:
glass lid for 10g
a couple of decent-sized smooth rocks
an "electric shock hazard" warning sticker

fish wanted:

stuff for sale or trade:
$5, half-glass half-plastic lid for 29g. one hinge is broken but it opens and closes just fine. it has the snap-off plastic tabs in the back which are snapped off to accommodate two filters and a heater.
[pending]$80, marineland 350 magnum canister. practically new, complete save for micron cartridge and original box. hoses are cut to 46" with the valves. has the media basket and diatomite powder (unopened).
$5, 48" single bulb t5 fluorescent fixture. doesn't work, maybe an easy fix, or maybe has salvageable parts for someone so inclined.
$10, deep blue 48" t5 bulb, 28w 10kk. used, but should still work...i have no means to test it, as the aforementioned fixture is broken.
$15, coralife colormax 48" t5, 120v 54w ho. brand new though not in the package.

all prices are "obo"

just taking another look to see if anyone has or wants any of the following where applicable:

filters wanted:
one marineland penguin bio-wheel 200.
one marineland penguin bio-wheel 100.
two aquaclear 30.
one aquaclear 20.

miscellany wanted:

fish wanted:

stuff for sale or trade:

all prices are "obo"...take everything for $20.

Becca

Members
I have lots of hornwort and guppy grass. PM or text if you want to try to pick some up some weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App