• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

fish for sale

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
If I didn't have so many plants for them to dig up in the 150 I'd be all over those blue acaras... I have a feeling they'd have me digging in the fish tank daily.
I bought all 4 for a breeding project. Once (if) 2 spawn do you want the other 2?

Becca

Members
I bought all 4 for a breeding project. Once (if) 2 spawn do you want the other 2?

I'll have to do some additional research on how they are in a "community" tank. If I got them, they'd be going in with the B. cupidos... if they really do dig, they can't go in any of my tanks - unless I want all of my plants to turn into floating plants!

Hannibal

Members
Becca, from what I remember they are pretty peaceful unless they are breeding and they will uproot plants.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've kept a few blue acaras over the years, and although they are not overly aggressive, they are cichlids. I've found them to be more aggressive towards conspecifics than anything else, but they are opportunisitic piscovores. I can distinctly remember my dismay when I found my male BA with a swordtail sticking out of his mouth minutes after adding them to the tank.

Becca

Members
I've kept a few blue acaras over the years, and although they are not overly aggressive, they are cichlids. I've found them to be more aggressive towards conspecifics than anything else, but they are opportunisitic piscovores. I can distinctly remember my dismay when I found my male BA with a swordtail sticking out of his mouth minutes after adding them to the tank.
That settles it - I don't want them!

ErnieG

Members
I have a couple breeding pairs of these guys, I have one breeding pair in my dirted community tank with lots of plants and they don't touch the plants and they are not aggressive in community tanks until they breed.