• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Could I ever use this lite again?

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey
While I was moving around some fish, I accidentally knocked a 2' strip light into a tank. I immideately pulled it out and put it on top of a pice of egg crate which I put on top of the tank so the water can drip into the tank.
Will I ever be able to use this light again without worrying about electrecuting my self and is there anything else I can do?
Th light was off but plugged in when it fell in.
Thanks!

If you have some mechanical skills I would let it dry overnight. Get a can of contact cleaner for circuit boards and a can of air (MicroCenter 5.99) open it and spray the boards and contacts w/air then w/cleaner, let sit overnight on third day give it a try. If you have a GFI socket in your house that is the socket I would try first just in case. Safety first.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kevin911

Members
Very nice Doug, I would have just cross my finger and wear rubber gloves.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

PhilS

Members
I have done the same thing. Let it dry out completely for a few days and if it fires back up it should work out.