• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Current Satelite Freshwater led + Pro

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I didn't know about this fixture. Wish I hadn't bought so many satellite plus fixtures. Thanks for posting the link.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

carl_d_c

Members
I have a current freshwater, and like it a lot. Looks like the new one has the built in timer, so you don't have to get the separate ramp up timer to do the dawn to dusk.

Hawkman2000

Members
The Satelitle + has 30 some par at 12" deep while the pro has 100 par at same depth.

Also keep in mind that the timer in the pro is not integrated. It is still a separate ramp timer. This is why I might wait for the 24/7.

Becca

Members
I like my Satellite +, which grows bright-light plants in a 33 long (12 inches deep) but I'd never even heard of this one. It looks like it'd be good for a deeper tank.

Kareen

Members
Would this light grow plants in my 125 it's 18" deep Im looking to get some new lighting for this tank put I need med light for my plants.

Hawkman2000

Members
My Lt. Just got the plus pro from current. He hasn't set up the tank yet, but he turned the light on and he said it was blinding. He said that it was just as bright as his radion pros.

I'm no expert, but I think 2x36" would be sufficient. The problem is there doesn't appear to be a 72" fixture. So you would have 2 controler units.

Or you could wait for the new line of fixtures from finnex. They were supposed to be out by the end of 2014. Should be out soon.