• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Can anyone identify this peacock?

Tooz100

Members
Wow i had never heard of that one but by looking at the picture link it does look similar . I hope its a male and colours up like that. Once again it looks like i was misinformed at the fish shop again . Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

neut

Members
Used to breed O. lithobates (mine were Zimbabwe rocks, lithobates can look slightly different depending on location). Nice fish, quality males are beauties as adults with the deep blue to purplish blue bodies and yellow to red/orange blaze on head and dorsal area. Z rocks males get 5.5 inches, occasionally up to 6 inches. Mine were very consistent to this size range. Typically comparatively mellow ime, more like a predator hap than a peacock.

Tooz100

Members
These comments make me pleased my so called pro in the fish store lied ! Thanks guys!
Small problem today tho i have a couple of mature kribensis in there (i know they shouldn't be but they are thriving ) the z rock swam into their nest and took a pounding from both the z rock got stuck in a corner behind a rock and took a beating i presume , i found him upside down with a seriously damaged eye . I got in there and got him out and he swam back into the main community area. He seems fine but the eye had gone cloudy with some red blood around the edge. Any suggestions as to the best i can do for him as i previously stated he swimming around snd seems fine. Many thanks

Tooz100

Members
Ok i have a nursery tank/ hospital tank with a bad case of fungal finrot so i can't put him in there. My other tank is healthy but it has one femsle yellow lab and two male angel fish in there. I know sa should not be mixed with ca but i had to get the female lab out before she got killed . So what do you suggest ??

Tooz100

Members
Well he seems to be ok , still eating etc but he has lost the eye but it seems to be healing well. Bit gutted as he would have been a beauty , but hey, I'll just have to look at his good side