• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free rainbow cichlids

I have two who need a new home. One is definitely a boy; I'm not sure about the other. The male is breeding size, but, unfortunately for him, the girl chose the other boy and he got the boot from the big tank. The smaller one survived from a fry on his own in the big tank, and is now about two inches long. They're currently sharing a 20 gallon tall and would prefer not to do that for long . . .

Am in Gaitherburg. Pick up only

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Be careful what you wish for....

I have two more (a pair I believe) available also. My larger pair are already kicking out broods) and there's just a limit on my indulgence with such a prolific species.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Glad they found a home. I need to move mine to their own tank. I actually have 2 pairs from Holly and I haven't been able to get them to spawn for me.

Lordly, JonClark, you must be doing something wrong!!! Put the four together so maybe you'll get at least one bonded pair (the male you got from Tony had mated before, but then the big daddy stole his wife). Give them several flat small river rocks and feed them some frozen blood worms!! Playing Barry White is optional:wub:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
They are all together in a 120 with a group of krobia and a group of adinoacara latifrons along with a few others. Just too much going on in the tank for them to do anything. I may move them all to a 40 breeder to see if I can get some babies.

Both of my pairs in my 58 are now guarding wrigglers. The tank is just barely big enough for all this. I really need to add some tall plants in the center to separate them a bit more. **** they are cute guarding their respective gangs, though . . .