• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

600 gallon - how much would you pay?

SnoopFrogg

Members
this guy on CL is a total jerk about this tank. he told me that there were tons of people interested and when I asked why it was dirty he said it was "just the picture, I cleanes it out with soap and bleach multiple times, trust me only a few scratches".he claimed he could get "5-8000 with better advertising". rude in general. am I wrong? would anybody pay 3500 for this? the bottom is drilled and the top looks jagged and unfinished.

SnoopFrogg

Members
In addition, it is a very unique shape... not sure how many people would actually even be interested at all... I also feel like people who have space and can afford it already have a tank or will buy one new.

kevin911

Members
that's the old "superpetz" fish store tank in annandale va... I think when they more down the road they sold it for 1,500-2K.

F8LBITE

Members
Yeah I remember seeing that tank all the time. Its a strange shape and I doubt he'll get over $2k for it.

JLW

CCA Members
It could clean up well, but it's going to take a lot more than bleach and soap. Like a polishing.

I wouldn't pay a third of what he's asking. If he's got dozens of people lined up, tell him to take their offer.

Hawkman2000

Members
That tank was originally in a dentists office. When the office closed or was getting remodeled, it was offered to my friend for free since they couldn't sell it in time. Superpetz got it for free I believe.

Aqua410

Members
The guy called me some choice words and a loser for trying to "scam him out of his tank".

Don't sweat it, he'll be the one who ends up getting next to nothing for the weird tank. A lot of people like that let their pride get in the way of their judgement. I've ran into a few folks like that on craigslist for sure. Sometimes people really honestly expect to get retail/msrp for their goods on there and need to realize that craigslist isn't a retail store, you're not offering me a warranty or an exchange policy. Let the free market sort him out.

iamzrad

Members
"Minor scratches" :lol:

If he's smart, which doesn't seem so, he'd should get it polished by a professional and then offer the high price.

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 10.53.21 AM.png