• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pvas Spring Auction

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Mar 26 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bumpity bump bump.[/b]

Francine, My Beloved,

Have I missed something??

Latent onset of Post-Pubescent Mid-Age rebellion?? OR Has the mother ship contacted you - Please Don't Leave Us - We Need You!!!!

TMS

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Apr 1 2008, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Mar 26 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bumpity bump bump.[/b]

Francine, My Beloved,

Have I missed something??

Latent onset of Post-Pubescent Mid-Age rebellion?? OR Has the mother ship contacted you - Paul...sometimes I don't know whether you're Animicrazy or just The Mad Scientist. Mid-age rebellion?
HAAAAAAA, the mother ship thingy was truly funny though!!! Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

Can you talk to us in normal language and not in your Scientific mumbo jumbo code words. :p

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say he was referencing how Francine bumped a PVAS advertisement.....he is afraid that she is going to cross over and not come back.....but who would bid up all the daphnia then? or cherry shrimp?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I attended - and saw a few CCA folks as well. The PVAS ran a very efficient and organized auction and there were a lot of fish for sale.

Only stayed from about 11:30 - 2, so I wasn't around for the real deals at the end.

There was an interesting selection of fish and tanks available - everything from cories to goodeids, large and small discus, many, many killies, lots of plants, even a few cichlids.

I got a few bags of fish: a pair of "tequila" goodeids (http://www.coastfishclub.com/SFarchive/Showfish Dec 2005.pdf), five 1.5-3" firemouths, a couple of large female haps, a breeding pair and some little Gymnogeos. Even a nice little male bi-color 500 peacock (that someone labeled as a female :0 )

Anyone else get anything fun?

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Actually there were very few Maryland CCA faces at the auction. I suspect that the weather kept many CCA folks from Maryland home. From what I saw that was probably a wise decision. I live fairly close and getting there wasn't bad but getting home was awful no matter where you lived. It just wasn't a good day to be out and about.

One thing you did miss was a great many tanks. For some reason we had quite a few fish tanks at this auction. They ranged from small old metal frames to an acrylic 100 on a nice stand that went for just over $100. There were many 20s, 30s, and 50s to be had at very good prices.

In any case, see everyone in October at the catfish convention auction. That is a bit more convenient for Marylanders.

George

longstocking

Members
I missed the auction... but be glad you guys were either there or at home ! I was on a boat in the miserable rain !

Their auctions are great ! Wish I had been there instead !!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Apr 22 2008, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I missed the auction... but be glad you guys were either there or at home ! I was on a boat in the miserable rain !

Their auctions are great ! Wish I had been there instead !![/b]

Wow, sorry to hear about the boat ride Sarah.;( I know how terrible that can be...no doubt.

I decided to stay home instead because the weather did not look pleasant and it rained like cats and dogs.

Funny thing though, it rained for last years PVAS auction too. Weird right? Mother Nature is not on PVAS's side apparently.

Sonny Disposition

Despite the rain, the turnout was good. (Maybe because of the rain--rather than sit home with nothing to do, people went to the auction.)

Among the CCA members in attendance were Michael C., Daniel, Frank, Tony, and Dog of War.

I didn't stay long--just long enough to drop off some killies and a rain barrel, and to say hi.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Apr 22 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Apr 22 2008, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their auctions are great ! Wish I had been there instead !![/b]

Wow, sorry to hear about the boat ride Sarah.;( I know how terrible that can be...no doubt.

I decided to stay home instead because the weather did not look pleasant and it rained like cats and dogs.

Funny thing though, it rained for last years PVAS auction too. Weird right? Mother Nature is not on PVAS's side apparently.

[/b][/quote]

Twas there too......and offloaded alot of smaller things but couldnt get up early enough to bring everything I wanted.....went to a friends bachelor party the night before.

Sonny Disposition

In that case, I think it was an accompllishment that you got there at all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robert Peterson @ Apr 23 2008, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Twas there too......and offloaded alot of smaller things but couldnt get up early enough to bring everything I wanted.....went to a friends bachelor party the night before.[/b]

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robert Peterson @ Apr 23 2008, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Twas there too......and offloaded alot of smaller things but couldnt get up early enough to bring everything I wanted.....went to a friends bachelor party the night before.[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

Hey Rob, the cool thing about going to the ACA in July is that you can get a lap dance and sit in an auction... all at the same time. That's right! I forget the name of the Organization that sets up the fish auction, but it's at night and there are shots to go with it. I think you're ready now;)

longstocking

Members
:lol: Too bad ! You are going to miss one GREAT auction... or so I've heard :lol: I know Richard isn't going to miss it for the world :p