• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CARES Fish - 100% BABES Donation - P/U at Batfish Open House on Friday

dogofwar

CCA Members
The Babes In The Cichlid Hobby (or BABES as I call them) raise money each year for the ACA's cichlid research and conservation funds.

To raise money for them, the following fish are available for delivery to the Batfish Open House on Saturday (please see ordering instructions below). 100% of proceeds of their sale will go to the BABES for investment in cichlid conservation and research. Please support the BABES, spread some CARES and threatened fish and clear some space in my fishroom:

- Stomatepia pindu “Lake Barombi-Mbo, Cameroon†– F1/F2 CARES – Velvet black “Darth Vader†mouthbrooder endemic to small crater lake that doubles as drinking water supply for nearby Kumba, Cameroon (what could go wrong?) - $10 each or 6/$50 - I'm almost out of these (for delivery to ACA) but have another batch growing out (~1/2" now). Let me know if you want some and I can put you on the list if I have leftovers or if you're OK with me bringing some to you at the CCA BBQ, CCY Fish Show or another CCA meeting.

- Cryptoheros septemfaciatus “Rio San Juan, Costa Rica†– F1 CARES – Delightful maroon semi-dwarf substrate spawner. Offspring of first known-provenance fish (brought in by Jeff Rapps) in years. Females are prettier than males! - $10 each or 6/$50

- Neetrolus nematopus “Lago Nicaragua†– F2 – Sociable “Neets†are fierce parents and do a complete color change when spawning. Unfortunately they, along with basically any fish in or around Lake Nicaragua will be doomed by the creation of a giant canal through the area (unless they can rapidly adapt to salt water)… $7 each or 6/$35

- Xenotoca melanosoma – CARES goodeid livebearer – Black splitfin from stock collected in Granja Sahuaripa, Jalisco, Mexico in 2000. Two pairs @ $25/pair available.

Please message me if you would like some of these fish. Limited quantities are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please let me know: 1) What you’d like; 2) When you’ll be arriving; 3) Cell # or how to contact you.

I will be bringing these fish pre-bagged (with oxygen) for pick-up at the Batfish Open House.

Thanks,
Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks to the people who have contacted me - all PM's responded.

If you want fish from the list, please let me know. Should be a nice size donation :)

Matt

lkelly

Members
Matt, I have to say that this is the first time that I have clicked on a link named "100% BABES" that didn't make me fear getting a virus, the stink eye from my wife, or even a precautionary trip to the doctor.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Goodeids are bitey but cool!

I've got little pindus, neets and Crytoheros septemfasctiatus left.

I'll PM you :)

Matt