• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June Club Meeting

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The June meeting will be on the 10th at 2pm.

We are again flying in a speaker.

This months speaker will be Rusty Wessel.
Rusty is from Louisville KY and is a well know collector in the hobby. He is on the ACA's speaker list and travels all over the country to give talks. You will find articles that he has written on cichlid-forum.
I will have more when I get a bio from him.
He will be speaking on fishes of Mexico - The Panuco basin.

We will do the usual stuff in the raffle plus a couple of new items.

I will also have a new Fluval 305 in the auction. Now don't let me buy this one too. This was donated by the manufacture and the prices I see in the stores are well over $120.00 for them. You can get a bargin and help the club at the same time.

I will post more information as I get it.

Hope to see you there.

D

daniel4832

Looking forward to having Rusty speak to the club. I have had the pleasure of hearing him a number of times, informative and entertaining!
Thanks,
Daniel

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
If you got your TFH magazine in the mail yesterday, you will see our June speaker is published in there again an his bio is in the front of the Mag.

Also Sarah has come up with the next box exchange for this months meeting. See the info in the members only section.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Last months speaker, Ken Davis is sending up a box of fish from his club for the meeting.
With the box exchange, this should be another good mini auction.
I picked up the donations from our members yesterday and am shipping out on Wed.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
One more week till the meeting.
june06flyer.gif

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Bad news, good news.
One of our members is moving to the other side of the country.
Andy Hudson will be leaving us. Andy is the Secretary of the Lancaster club and had only joined us just recently. Andy you will be missed.
He is emptying his fish room.
He says he is bagging up a lot of fish and bringing them.
The fish are all kinds, not just cichlids.
If he gets them bagged up, Looks like another 25 bags for the auction.
Between what Rusty is bringing,what you are brining,what Andy is bringing, and the box exchange there will be a big auction.

L

Larry-T

Considering that this is the last meeting for quite a while, and the next major PVAS auction isn't until October 22, this should be a fun auction.

Bid early, bid often.

JustRon

Members
Rusty just left.

He wanted to say Thank You for having him up here and that he really enjoyed coming to speak at the club.

maddog10

Members
Glad he could make it, hope he enjoyed it. Makes me want to get a sponsor and go collecting. Ron, think you could hook me up with someone at say, Oceanic. Of course I would need to learn how to catch fish and swimming might also be helpful.

Thanks to everyone who bought my fish at the auction. I did pretty well and look forward to restocking my fish room in Wisconsin at the ACA auction. I really enjoyed coming down to the CCA meetings and will miss hanging with yall. If anyone is ever up Wisconsin way give me a call. I will keep in touch.
Thanks
Andy

L

Larry-T

Thanks to everyone who bought my fish at the auction. I did pretty well and look forward to restocking my fish room in Wisconsin at the ACA auction. I really enjoyed coming down to the CCA meetings and will miss hanging with yall. If anyone is ever up Wisconsin way give me a call. I will keep in touch.
Thanks
Andy
[/b]

Thank you, Andy. I set up the Fundulopanchax gardenari Nigerianum in a 2.5 gal tank and pulled about 30 eggs out of the mop this morning <grin>.

longstocking

Members
Andy... I hope you have a safe and easy move ! Since Bill's family is out that way we will try and keep in contact !! :D Or if you have any question about the area.... please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks Rusty for the great talk. I'll email you soon :D