• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Big tank canister filter

rich_one

Members
Looking for a canister filter for a 220 gallon tank. My preference would be a Fluval FX5 or FX6, but I would certainly consider other options, depending on make, price and condition.

I do not want anything broken or a sump or wet/dry.

Happy to pickup or pay for shipping. Pics, please... send me a pm and I'll send you a number to text pics to.

Thanks!

-Rich

Daltharang

Members
I don't know what the budget is, but i would highly recommend looking into the SunSun canisters. I bought the HW-304B about 5 months ago for $76 shipped from amazon. Was easy to set up, came with a small amount of media, and has a 9w UV sterilizer built in that can be turned on and off by a switch on top of the filter. I have cleaned it twice since i have had it, which was painless, and it hasn't lost any flow at all and does a real good job on my 150g. I have never used an FX5 or FX6, but i do know i could buy 3-4 of these for the same price and i'm sure that would out perform the 1 filter. Sorry for the ramble and lack of spacing, just my 2 cents :D

FishEggs

I just recently got the SunSun 304B for my 6ft 225 gal tank. I think you will want 2 of them on it. I put a Marineland 360 on mine with the SunSun. If you want to see it in person before you buy instead of pictures online you're welcome to.

Mwildgruber

Members
Look into a CFS 500 its modeled after the fx5/6. They are only 50$ I have them on my 150 and my 125.they do a great job

FishEggs

Every time I tried to get the cfs500 it was out of stock so I grabbed the 304 to get the tank running. Where did you see them for $50?

Blu

Members
So true- sun sun is the Asian powerhouse that MANY big name labels stick to, they get the label-less sun sun canisters, HOB's, uv's, etc and slap their label on it and- you pay 50$-90$ more... I purchase direct and chat with the big guys and whoa, think it's Fluvl?? Umm... Well it might have their sticker price and secrets unveiled!

Blu

Members
Canister filters for sale

I have the issue of buying it if it's cheap, when I don't even really need it- therefore 4stage canister filters with UV, spray bar, and rathed for 125 gal for cheap... Sigh. Still in the box and less than 2 lobster meals. Omg I'm sorry lol. Pm me!