• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

LED supplier - Interesting stuff.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I may have while researching building a led on Nano reef. Not sure though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hawkman2000

Members
I did an online chat with them. Unfortunately it requires a bulk order of at least 10 pieces. However, they do custom configurations. so if somebody here knew how to work up a configuration for and good mix of color that would be good for plants and color enhancing we could put something together. I ordered their product catalog hopefully it will have some prices in it.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Got an email back from them.
Min. order of 10.

10w T8 26x600mm
10x1w leds
14$

20w T8 26x1200mm
20x1w leds
29$

Is that for a whole functioning fixture or just LEDs?

Sorry, not too knowledgeable on these things.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I think they are T8 based drop in bulbs I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hawkman2000

Members
Line voltage T8 replacement tubes.

Someone would have to come up woth a custom config. For the batch. The normal ones are for saltwater. I would think that using the marineland planted as a template would work.

A few other details -

They said that the 36" are discontinued. From what I can tell that applies to the 18" as well. Maybe they could run a batch for us if needed.

I assume that the minimum order would be for 10 of each size.

If someone else here wants to take this over, I would not be affended. I am sure there is someone here who would not only be able to figure out a configuration that would work for everybody, but do more investigating to see if this is even viable (bright enough, compatability...).

Hawkman2000

Members
If any one is interested, post here the lengths and quantities needed, and I will look into it. Need min of 10 to make an order.

I will do some research and try to come up with a custom config.