• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Removing Paint

Howie

Members
Ok, I put three coats of crafters paint on the back of my 120, and I'm not happy with the results. Back to the drawing board and Plastidip. LOL

What is the best way to remove this water based acrylic paint? I know scraping it with a razor blade scraper is the only way but I want to avoid scratching the glass as much as I can.

Please advise.

Howie

Members
Well after seeing my background from the front it looks great! Originally, I thought it looked uneven from the angle I looked at it from when it was on the floor after painting it, but now that's it up on the stand it appears very even in tone and vibrant color.

The color is called Phtalo blue and the acrylic paint brand is Artist's Loft, which is Michael's store brand. Its $3.99 for a 4 oz tube. I did 3 coats and used 2 tubes.

Now that the tedious work is done, the fun begins in putting in PFS and building LR caves! And of course, stocking!!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Home Depot used to sell an Eco friendly paint stripper. I forget the exact name but something like 'Strip n Peel' or 'Peel A Way' ???? You would spread a gel like substance with a brush let it set and peel it off in a vinyl sheet. Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
When you paint the outsie back they always look bad from the outside.
Put water in, light on top and they look great.
I spray paint mine.
I used to brush it on. LOL lot of work.
I tape up the edges and spray it on and no problems

frankoq

Members
how about some pics?
I'm considering going with blue backgrounds for rack tanks but would like to see some pics first.