• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dog food for fish?

Ading522

Members
I just got an extra bag of dog food from someone who thought I had a dog..lol..was thinking if donating it to a dog pound but wanted to try if any one from CCA wanted to trade a fish or two for it? It's still unopened..let me know! Will wait till the weekend for responds..if not will head off to the dog pound to donate! :)

Becca

Members
I'm in MD and work with a local rescue - depending on the type of food, we might have a foster "parent" who could use the donation (a lot of GSD's have food sensitivities). All I have to offer you in exchange, unfortunately, are geriatric piranhas :-/.

Ading522

Members
I'm in MD and work with a local rescue - depending on the type of food, we might have a foster "parent" who could use the donation (a lot of GSD's have food sensitivities). All I have to offer you in exchange, unfortunately, are geriatric piranhas :-/.

I've got a 15.5 lb bag of beneful..that wouldn't be much but that will at least be something..piranhas wouldn't do me good..hehe..but thanks for the info! If someone will do the exchange then I'll go with it..if not ill contact you for the donation..thanks!

Ading522

Members
Call where you are planning to donate, but that sounds like the best idea to me.

Thanks..just wanted to test the waters to see if someone would be up for th trade..if not will be asking becca for a list or If anyone will accept the brand of food I have to donate..:)

Becca

Members
I also have 150lbs of unopened science diet active
150? That is A LOT o' kibble.

I don't think we'd do Beneful with GSDs because many of them have grain sensitivity/IBS problems, but your local humane society would probably take it. Someone in the group works with k9lifesavers, too.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Any know of a cat shelter that would like a cat carrier, etc.?

Rockville / Gaithersburg area preferred :)

Matt

Please throw the Beneful away. No reputable shelter will/should feed it. It's garbage. The 150 pound of science diet is good food. I'm sure a shelter or rescue in the area could use it. I work with greyhound rescue but we don't need dog food. (now big crates, that's another matter!)

Ading522

Members
Please throw the Beneful away. No reputable shelter will/should feed it. It's garbage. The 150 pound of science diet is good food. I'm sure a shelter or rescue in the area could use it. I work with greyhound rescue but we don't need dog food. (now big crates, that's another matter!)

Really? Ok..I will throw it away..I saw some dog crates for free on CL..ever looked into it?

cpitt

Members
yea I'm an explosive detection k9 handler and this science diet was the old food I used to feed before switching to bb wilderness