• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

LIGHTS: T5 HO v LED

Howie

Members
I just picked up a couple of the new Fluval AquaSky LED's. They are awesome. Can go from 6500k to 12000k. Comes with a wireless remote that has all the features of the Current USA models, but way cheaper. 36" is $109 and 48" is $139

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sounds cool, Ray. No need to get off couch in your man cave to play with the lights. I like it!

Becca

Members
I just picked up a couple of the new Fluval AquaSky LED's. They are awesome. Can go from 6500k to 12000k. Comes with a wireless remote that has all the features of the Current USA models, but way cheaper. 36" is $109 and 48" is $139

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Which Current fixture are they comparable to? I can't actually find any information on them.

In order to lower my power usage with fluorescents unit, I started out getting Marineland double bright units, also have some single bright. I then got a number of the Aqueon modular ones, I have 2 24" on my 90gl Angel show tank, with the original bulb plus a colormax and beautymax bulb in each. Looks great. Love that combo, use that in all of those units I have. I have the regular Current 36' unit(I do not care about all the colour adjustments you can do with the 'plus' unit) on my 65gl angelfish grow out tank in our bedroom but I find the lowest brightness moonlight setting is still somewhat bright to sleep by and may put a Marineland single bright back on it. I use an assortment of all of the above units in my basement fish room plus CFL's/LED bulbs hanging from the ceiling in patio sockets. Also a great nighttime ideas for moonlight is , I hung blue LED (dimmable) Christmas light sets from the ceiling, really cool looking, plus does not freak out all the fish when lights go on at 300 am for feeding and/or water changes b/4 I go to work. I have shied away from Beamswork units as I do believe they are not UL or CSA approved. I want to try that new Elive company's mod unit. I understand it is a start up by former Aqueon executives. Has any one given them a shot yet? Looks interesting, I am about to place another Ken's order and may give that unit a try or just buy another Current unit for my new 65gl. Any thoughts?