• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Please (Re) Introduce Yourself!

Thunderfin

Members
Hello it's Me

Greeting CCA,
I am from Silver Spring MD. My interest in keeping fish stems from when I was a child and kept a wild caught catfish until it died. I am interested in African Cichilds because of the delicate yet sturdy image of the various tanks I've seen on line and in person.

Whence I build the stand and the aqua scape I plan on growing the fish and learning what lives with what.

Thank you for the add to the group and I hope to visit with the group in open forums and make friends that may even coach on keeping as well as sharing fry.

Fishues

Members
Hi ... Big time fan of the club. I've been to the past two Big Fish Deals, and finally figured how to work my account. Looking forward to talking fish... However I am slightly technologically challenged so I apologize in advance.

• Where you're from : Originally from Birmingham, Al. after 22 years of Naval travels I decided to settle and stay in this area for a minute. I currently reside in Waldorf, Md
  • Whether you're a member and why (or why not): Yes I am I did stalk the site for a long period of time before I was convinced to join and attend a meeting by a former member
  • What kind of fish you keep: The parachromis family is my all time favorite closely followed by big cats, plecos, piranha and other BIG tank head bangers
  • Some fun fishkeeping accomplishments or goals for the future: my goal for the immediate future is getting my tanks completely back on track. I laid my motorcycle down last May 5 breaks between tib/fib, 3 surgeries and 2 rods really took a toll on me keeping up with what I think was 18 tanks at the time.....
  • Whatever you like : CCA is a great organization, have met some wonderful people who don't mind sharing and caring about all things....

jstlstn

Members
Greetings

Hello fellow clubbers, I live down in southern MD, great Mills to be exact. I am a relatively new member, restarted in the hobby because I built a tank stand (thought woodworking was a hobby). Then I needed a tank and fish. When I was much younger I Kept Oscar’s and such so naturally cichlids where my first choice. One tank grew to two, which grew to 4, which ended in 8. Not all up yet, my wife is fighting the good fight. She will lose in the end, anyway I am keeping mostly Malawi. I have a breeding pair of Neolamprologus Birchardi’s I got from BFD auction (thanks tony) with fry, 40 breeder going up this weekend.
I have been having new fry for about two months straight. At least I know which ones are really females now. All but the brichardi fry are hybrids so I am having a hard time justifying keeping them. The wife thinks it’s bad to use them as food so I have some tens up with fry or recovering females.
Since joining I have been to the BFD and one meeting (this month). Actually the talk Josh gave was more interesting to me than I thought it would be. Once my Iodothopheus Sprengerae and Pseudotropheus Acei grow out so they can go in the 125 I might try the smaller cichlids. CCA may have created a monster at least that is what the wife says.

I almost forgot I have a 20 gal with synodontis petricola I am growing out. I plan on attempting to breed then, since they are so hard to find and challenging I would give it a try.

Last edited:

rpitonyak

Members
Hello fellow clubbers, I live down in southern MD, great Mills to be exact. I am a relatively new member, restarted in the hobby because I built a tank stand (thought woodworking was a hobby). Then I needed a tank and fish. When I was much younger I Kept Oscar’s and such so naturally cichlids where my first choice. One tank grew to two, which grew to 4, which ended in 8. Not all up yet, my wife is fighting the good fight. She will lose in the end, anyway I am keeping mostly Malawi. I have a breeding pair of Neolamprologus Birchardi’s I got from BFD auction (thanks tony) with fry, 40 breeder going up this weekend.
I have been having new fry for about two months straight. At least I know which ones are really females now. All but the brichardi fry are hybrids so I am having a hard time justifying keeping them. The wife thinks it’s bad to use them as food so I have some tens up with fry or recovering females.
Since joining I have been to the BFD and one meeting (this month). Actually the talk Josh gave was more interesting to me than I thought it would be. Once my Iodothopheus Sprengerae and Pseudotropheus Acei grow out so they can go in the 125 I might try the smaller cichlids. CCA may have created a monster at least that is what the wife says.

I almost forgot I have a 20 gal with synodontis petricola I am growing out. I plan on attempting to breed then, since they are so hard to find and challenging I would give it a try.

YEAHHHH! Someone from St. Mary's County! I live in Hollywood......nice to see there is someone else down here that is a part of this group.