• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Marineland Stealth Pro Heater Recall Issued

mscichlid

Founder
This has been posted on a zillion forums:

February 11, 2011

Dear Valued [chain store name here] Pet Parent,

Marineland has issued a voluntary withdrawal of the Stealth PRO Submersible Heater (100, 200 and 250 watt). The product is being withdrawn due to a quality issue.

If you have this product, please stop using it immediately and take the following steps:

1. Unplug the heater from the wall to stop the flow of electricity

2. Let the heater cool for 15 minutes
3. Remove the heater from the tank

Please bring the product to your closest [chain store name here] for a full refund or exchange. Replace the product with a comparable heater as soon as possible to maintain the temperature of your aquarium. A [chain store name here] store associate can help you select the right heater for your aquatic environment.

If you have questions about this withdrawal, please call Marineland Customer Service at 800-526-0650 or 800-432-6986.

At [chain store name here], we are concerned pet parents, too. We will continue to do everything we can to help you and your pet during this time.

Unfortunately, I've been throwing mine in the trash!

dustin

Members
If it's the heater that's all black w/ no "on" light, mine shocked me the other day in the water. Those heaters r junk! No indicator light. I hate that. If that's the one that's been recalled, I'm def taking it back.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
TFW has received no notification from Marineland of this recall. How about those of you who work at other lfs???

emartin

Members
TFW has received no notification from Marineland of this recall. How about those of you who work at other lfs???

Do you buy directly from Marineland or do you buy from a pet supply wholesale business? Most pet shops in NJ for example do not buy directly from the manufacturer.

I do know though that if you contact Marineland on the phone and mention you have one of the heaters with lot number #01H31 (which is one of the lot numbers that has been causing heaters to explode, including Tony's I think) they'll replace it no questions asked if you mail it in to their headquarters in Virginia.

Kensfish.com mentions the recall on their frontpage though, it's in bold red: http://www.kensfish.com/

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
If it's the heater that's all black w/ no "on" light, mine shocked me the other day in the water. Those heaters r junk! No indicator light. I hate that. If that's the one that's been recalled, I'm def taking it back.

Those work great. The recalled heaters are teh pro model with the LED. I have one that I may return. Haven't had any problems with it but still may switch it out.

Shinchan

Members
I knew there was a reason why I held on to my broken heater...

Take that, skeptical wife who wants me to throw out my "broken" fish stuff! :lol:

rich_one

Members
Mine's cooked my entire multi colony. I no longer use any stealth heaters. Have a couple Jagers, and have begun using those Deep Blue Heat Stiks.

-Rich

Cartel

Members
I have one that stopped heating but it one with out the lights I'll have to give them a call and hope they will replace it

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
No, we do not buy direct from Marineland. So I assume the customer would then contact Marineland directly.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Just left petsmart 20 mms ago after speaking with an assistant manager about the recall. It's legit you can get anything in the store in exchange for the heater. My 100w is like 40 bucks I think. Haven decided what I am going to do yet.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Last edited by a moderator: