• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

API (Rena) Filstar XP-L Canister for sale for $75

mchambers

Former CCA member
I picked this up recently when acquiring a tank and don't need it. I've replaced the gaskets and o-rings and tested it to be sure it does not leak.

It's got the hoses and part of the intake and output parts, but no intake strainer or spray bar. It has no media, but you'd probably want to roll your own anyway.

It's a horse and rated for up to a 175 gallon tank:

http://www.apifishcare.com/product.php?id=752#.VtRMQvkwiUY

A new one runs about $150 at Amazon. Asking $75.

dhavalsp

Members
Are these super quiet?

I have a fluval 404, solid stuff, but it makes some rattling sound(nothing major but irritating in my small apartment) which is annoying and I am looking to exchange it for something quieter.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Noise

Are these super quiet?

I have a fluval 404, solid stuff, but it makes some rattling sound(nothing major but irritating in my small apartment) which is annoying and I am looking to exchange it for something quieter.
I don't know enough about this brand to tell you. I can tell you it's not as quiet as my Eheims and Cobalts, but it's definitely not rattling.

I'd keep it, but I'm happy with the brands I have and don't think I'll ever need a filter this size.

Are these super quiet?

I love the Rena Filters - easy to prime and start - mine are quiet - very easy to maintain - some models have an adjustable valve (near the spray bar) to regulate spray bar water flow - IMO very good filters......