• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dude, Come on man....

Jefft

Members
I feed your food stuffs as the staple of the dietary needs of my fish. I order every couple of months or so and imagine my surprise when upon receiving my latest order the bags the food come in are no longer zip lock re-sealable. Come on man!! How am I supposed to keep 3 to 5 lbs. of the fish food from scattering about on the floor in case of accident? What about "fresh" issues? Major pain in the butt factor on the new bags +++++10 and then some. Please rethink this packaging and return to the days of old. I promise over the next 30 years to buy enough yourstuff to make it worth your while. (The preceding message was brought to you by no one in particular, no one not being miffed too badly but wanting to support bag reform at the corporate level.) That is all have a nice day.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
When I get in new food, even in resealable bags, I dump the food into food storage containers. They can be stacked and are easy to feed from.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Concur

A lot of times I put a big container of food in the freezer and feed from smaller ones.
Most of my food is in the freezer, in ziplock bags. I just put small amounts into plastic container in my fishroom for feeding.

blkmjk

Members
When I get in new food, even in resealable bags, I dump the food into food storage containers. They can be stacked and are easy to feed from.

Yeah me too! Animal cookie jar. I mix all of my food up. Krill, spriluna, carnivore sticks, earth worm sticks, nls, silk worms not Huge hit. But my fish go crazy for the variety. Not that I couldn't get that by feeding from a bag but the top of the jar is large enough I can get a handful of food a sprinkle it as necessary. And I don't think I will be spilling it over any time soon. I plan an order from them this week. Haven't had to buy food since the BBQ. Its about time now. Anyone looking to split shipping pm me.

Drew

Jefft

Members
Now see I had never thought of Tupperwaring my fish food.. lol.. the stuff you learn round here.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have more boxes of freezer bags and storages containers in my fish area then I have in the kitchen.
LOL

REG84

Members
can you put any type of food in the freezer like flakes and small pellet? i use to get my food from LFS but then i found out about all the great foods online. I ordered WAY to much and I don't want it to go bad or loose its nutritional value

chriscoli

Administrator
can you put any type of food in the freezer like flakes and small pellet? i use to get my food from LFS but then i found out about all the great foods online. I ordered WAY to much and I don't want it to go bad or loose its nutritional value

I put it all in the freezer.

As Shawn noted, you can also use those vacuum seal machines to divide it up into manageable amounts. If you do that, though, just remember that it'll crush your flakes a lot, so you might just want to do pellets that way.

yourfishstuff

CCA Members
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I often think about this issue. We ship our 1/2 pound and one pound bags in resealable standup pouches but ship our bulk (2 pounds and up) in plastic bags to keep costs down.

I have thought about switching to plastic jars or pails but that would increase the cost for both packaging and shipping. I guess a poll or survey would help, so please keep the comments coming.