• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Eye Biters

Reed

Very Fishe
Wanting to see if anyone is keeping
Dimidiochromis compresiceps eye biter. I want to understand there aggression level
Veryfishe.com

Eye biter is no more aggressive than any large Hap. It's about the same as Dolphin or Red Empress and far less aggressive than Mbuna as it doesn't pick fight. I always keep a single male in my community because I like its odd shape that stands out among Malawian cichlids which share similar shape. But because of its large size, once reaching maturity, he is no push around and at time, he can be hyper active with the urge to breed.

dcompress1.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've kept them before. Actually pretty mild with anything that doesn't fit into their mouths. They'll get punked by Nimbochromis and the like. Good to keep with C. moori.

Really impressive fish when they get 8-10"!

Matt

Rasta Fish

Members
I have kept them before and have no issue with aggression with them
I currently have 2 OB about 9" no issue from them
They do get large so they need room

Reed

Very Fishe
Excellent information. I think a my grab few from DRF unless some one has a few for sale?

Tangcollector

Staff member
The first african I ever bred. They are predators but not real aggressive. I started with one male and four or five females. All fairly large at the time. Within a month I had hundreds of them. They breed alot and can have very large batches for mouth brooders. With large females I was getting well over 50 per spawn every time. The fry grow quickly with good food and water changes. Man was I doing some water changes back then. Last time I was at TFP they had several large albinos. I had never seen them before. I prefer the regular ones as they are stunning. Good luck and knowing you, you will probably have a million of them in no time.